Job Vacancy for Education Research Consultant at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach – one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Research Consultant
Project: Learning at Scale
Reports to: Education Research Officer
Scope of Work
- To support the Learning at Scale research study, we seek a qualified Education Research Consultant. This research consultant will facilitate and coordinate the research study by engaging with the Ministry of Education, the organization being researched, and the data collection firms in each country. The Education Research consultant will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Guide the process of getting research approval in the country
- Support the relationships with the organization being researched as well as the data collection firm hired
- Assist in identifying potential data collection firms and communications
- Manage logistics related to meetings and workshops
- Train assessors in the research study
- Support the data collection process in the schools and government offices in the sampled sites.
- Supervise assessors during data collection.
- Create and maintain cordial relations with the government officials and respondents in the field.
- Maintain regular communication with the Education Research Officer and the Principal Investigator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Education Research Officer or the Principal Investigator
- This is a short-term consultancy for a period not exceeding 15 days to carry out the tasks as outlined above. Future consultancy arrangements may be discussed upon successful completion of these tasks.
- Provide access to key government education officers in the country
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Education or a research related field
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in the official and national languages of the country of interest.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level in English.
- Must be currently based in the country of interest.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the education sector in the stated country
- Significant experience in educational research and the research process
- Close relationships with key education officials in the government
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Excellent managerial, supervisory, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes;
Will be based on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 28th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV, with a list of three References and Contact Information to: LASemail@example.com the “Job Title and Country name” as the subject of the mail.