Latest Jobs at Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), 2019
The Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), formerly known as Centre for Communication Programs Nigeria (CCPN) was registered in 2001 as a Non-Governmental Organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Birthed in Nigeria by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHCCP), Baltimore, USA, CCPN transitioned its operations under the new name CCSI after an exciting 10 years of growth and operations in Nigeria and other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant
Department: Internal Audit and Compliance
Reporting to: Manager, Internal Audit & Compliance
Purpose of the Job
- Assist the Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance in developing and executing the Organization’s audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits;
- Contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and segmentally defined internal audit methodology
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Manager, Internal Audit
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Trustee.
- Assists the Manager, Internal Audit in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan
- Supports the Manager, Internal Audit in the development and implementation of the annual audit plan
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and the Board
- Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud
- Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
- Check, inspect and reconcile bank deposits and payments.
- Inspect, test and assess software and hardware systems for its failure.
- Perform Partner audits to ensure compliance with donor and Plan’s rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties, including undertaking complex or sensitive reviews and investigations as assigned.
- Prepare monthly and other necessary audit reports to Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance on audit engagement assignments undertaken.
- Check all accounting and clients’ databases are updated and functioning properly.
- Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records.
- Review and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
- Check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with industry practices and corporate policies.
- Ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and there are credible audit observations, conclusions and recommendations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalence in Accounting or Finance
- A possession of professional certification (ICAN ACA or ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in an NGO USAID funded project is essential
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management
- Working knowledge of professional performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Well-developed technical skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good knowledge of QuickBooks enterprise software is essential
Skills and Attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organization
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with professional values
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required
- Strong analytical capability
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
- Demonstrates the desire to continually grow, learn and develop skills and knowledge through external and internal education, training and cross-training opportunities to maximize personal contribution to the organizational goals and ongoing career development.
- Ability to understand the organization’s strategic direction, how decisions impact the business, and how to strive to improve organizational performance.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality and responsibility in all interactions.
- Demonstrates the ability to receive and understand information, and respond verbally or in writing when interacting with others
Deadline: 27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send thier Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.