FAD Farms Nigeria Limited is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Administrator/Farm Secretary
What’s it all about then?
- You’ll be responsible for the smooth running of the farm business, dealing with accounts, budgets, salaries and other financial issues.
- You’ll also likely be the first point of contact with suppliers and customers.
- You’ll work closely with farmers, farm managers etc to ensure that all tasks are completed to schedule and in compliance with relevant legislation.
- The job is a combination of everyday tasks and more complex management issues.
What might I be Doing?
The duties will vary from job to job but are very likely to include the following:
- Preparing accounts and budgets and monitoring cash flows
- Dealing with VAT and tax returns
- Staying on top of general administrative duties
- Getting quotes for machinery and other purchases
- Dealing with suppliers and customers
- Utilising software extensively to complete all tasks
- Keeping accurate records and storing these effectively
- Calculating salaries and maintaining employment records
- Costing and ordering supplies
- Ensuring all payments are made on time
- Making sure all legislative issues are complied with
- Completing forms for subsidies and grants
What will be Expected of Me?
- You are going to be someone who has is well organised and with a good head for figures because most of what you do will be concerned with financial issues.
- Part of the work involves working alone and part involves working with others so you’ll need to be someone who is comfortable with either scenario; this is particularly important when dealing with customers and other external contacts.
- Finally and most importantly you’ll be expected to have an interest in all matters rural and farming.
- Your communication skills will also need to be tip top, both verbal and written; working most of the time on computer means a high level of competence with various software programmes.
- As you are dealing with financial and personnel issues it is important that you are able to use your discretion in certain matters.
What Qualifications do I need to get in?
- Whilst there are no set academic qualifications required for this job, fad farms employers will ask for Bsc or equivalent, possibly coupled with 3 years previous experience of farming administrative role.
What can I Expect?
- This is a mainly office based job with standard hours (anywhere between 8am and 6pm), although you may have to work in the evenings and at weekends depending on the level of activity on the farm at any particular time during the year.
- You will be employed on a single business.
- If you work for Fad Farms you may be provided with on farm accommodation.
Deadline: 30th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should come for an immediate interview with their CV highlighting their previous experience at:
10 Atan Ado-Ota, Off Coker Road,
- Only apply if you have previous farm administrative role especially poultry.
- Only candidates who highlight their experiences boldly will be short listed.