Materials Management Specialist Recruitment at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Materials Management Specialist
Ref No: 3332179
Location: Onne, Rivers
- In this role you will coordinate and expedite the flow from materials identification to delivery to the shop according to maintenance/repairs/refurbishment schedules as well as plan and schedule material/production needs
- The role requires a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of basic and complex scheduling concepts and principles and a working knowledge of the other support functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College, or Diploma from an accredited Polytechnic.
- Demonstrated experience in Materials / Planning in a Oracle or other ERP environment
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to influence others
- Strong customer mindset
- Knowledge of ERP
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Drive and monitor timely execution across functions and report out material management performances internally to the leadership and externally to customers.
- Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and ensure production schedules and purchasing needs are well updated.
- Communicate across multiple departments to effectively coordinate materials operations between execution teams and ITO.
- Work with OTR, Sourcing, Logistics and Inventory functions to ensure deliveries meet customers’ expectations.
- Generate / Review Oracle reports and coordinate with supply chain teams to ensure customers’ expectations are aligned with current suppliers and logistics commitments
- Use iTrac to create weekly metric charts and focus on metrics in order to meet delivery performance targets.
- Coordinate with functional peers to remove roadblocks that may affect on-time delivery to contractual delivery and to support delivery to customer commitments.
- Ensure delivery of purchase orders at the earliest possible delivery dates, monitoring the supply chain through the delivery process and taking proactive actions in case of delays
- Support commercial team in quoting and managing of parts transfer across projects and locations.
- Generate material management reports for the customers and internal team.
- Identify, scope, and lead cross-functional initiatives to deliver materials solutions and improvements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online