Recent Job Openings for Editor at Afriprise Books
Afriprise Books is a creative publishing firm located in Ibadan, Oyo State. We offer an array of publishing services ranging from academic books to business books, magazines, and other publishing services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Editor
- Evolution of original contents for different range of book and magazines from manuscript phase to publishable material
- Works with freelance writers on story development.
- Collaborates with the graphics team on visual and graphic components of stories and books.
- Exhibits strong story judgment.
- Proofreads and crosschecks copy and ensures content is consistent with the style guide.
- Develops and executes a strategy to expand and improve local business coverage and grow traffic to the channel.
- Responsible for researching and developing industry-specific contents
- Conducting extensive research to obtain factual information and authentic details.
- Maintaining the blogs of different projects to engage the fans and readers
- Appropriately source and cite resources
- Works and edits a broad range of stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc /HND is preferred in any discipline. Resume of applicants and cover letters should be well highlighted to demonstrate writing skills level and sufficiency in all the requirements stated above.
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles and tones.
- High level of knowledge about story elements such as character, plot, theme, dialogue, style, point of view and conflicts.
- Perform extensive fact-checking
- High level of creativity
- Ability to use data-driven insights to write quality materials
- Must be committed to meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask effectively and consistently on different projects at the same time.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent track records of high-quality writings of different styles and tones.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar grasp
- A good grasp of narratives and a strong awareness of audience
- Great research and learning skills.
- Strong editing skill
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office
- Must be based in Ibadan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with a writing sample to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.