Recent Job Vacancies at Deinde Odusanya & Co., 9th August, 2019
Deinde Odusanya & Co. was registered, under the Companies and Allied Matters Decree 1990, as No LAZ.036178 on 23rd July, 1996 and is currently situated at 6b, Ireti Street, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos. The firm was registered with the main objective of utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach to its Accountancy, Assurance Advisory, Taxation and Economic Consulting services in order to provide its clients with an integrated means of meeting their needs and achieving their objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Senior
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting;
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings and supervision, and delivery of audit work;
- Demonstration of excellent knowledge of audit of International Accounting Standards (“IAS”) and International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) financial statements; relevant International Standards on Auditing (“ISA”); key audit tools software, including case ware, Microsoft suite, V-Lookup etc.;
- Delivering full audit, investigation and other relevant reports for review in soft copy with hyperlinks and other review tools and; creating and maintaining hardcover back-up files;
- Present in-house training, regularly, on relevant audit and assurance and related topics;
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability;
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues;
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits;
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential;
- Keeping up to date with the company product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help the firm to grow its business;
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders, tasks may include: reviewing engagement records, analysing and categorising the records, contacting partners for engagement information, preparing data and drafting independence reports;
- Working on specific audit related projects across the audit function or other projects of the Firm, as may be assigned by Management; and
- Carry out specific functions as may be assigned to you by the firm, from time to time.
Job Title: Senior Tax Consultant
- Preparing and filing of tax returns (Companies Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Personal Income Tax and Withholding Tax, amongst others) including computations and supporting documents.
- Responding to queries from tax regulatory authorities i.e. Federal Inland Revenue Service and respective State Boards of Internal Revenue (SBIR).
- Withholding tax management for clients, including WHT credit note recovery.
- Processing and obtaining corporate and personal tax clearance certificates for clients.
- Preparing payroll computations and annual employee returns for clients.
- Drafting tax advisory opinions to clients on sundry tax issues.
- Assisting in FIRS and relevant SBIR audits of clients.
- Ensuring clients’ compliance with the various tax policies and regulations.
- Conducting research on various tax stay awake issues.
- Ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of records and procedures
Essential Skills and Educational Requirements
- First degree in Accounting, Economics or any other related subject;
- Candidate must have atleast 4 years Tax experience
- A full qualification of ICAN/CITN equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) literacy including Excel, PowerPoint and Word; and
- Demonstration of practical knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the mail.