Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Administration Assistant
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Working under the administrator project Manager
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security Tax office files including specific amendments
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data
- Following up of all expiring contract (consultancy, rental…)
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.),
- Supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Business and Administration or related degree.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of in relevant jobs. Desirable to have experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Languages: English required additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required. Proven ability to learn finance & HR systems.
- Work Location: Kafin Hausa Road, Jahun, Jigawa State, Nigeria,
- Permanent position: subject to probationary period
Gross salary per month
- 251,000 NG + a 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month gross salary.
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist Consultant
Job Nature: 2 to 3 days/once a month+ transportation time
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
In Port-Harcourt, MSF is running a project to address medical and psychological needs of victims of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV). In providing support to the victims, the teams, under the management and technical supervision of a Mental Health and Activity Manager, are potentially exposed to heavy and difficult stories and situations to listen to and to deal with.
In order to prevent the emotional consequences of such a professional context, MSF would like to provide its teams with psychological support through clinical supervision sessions.
- Provide clinical supervision through monthly collective and, if needed, punctual individual sessions to Mental Health and SGBV teams to prevent compassion fatigue and therefore to support good practices and quality of comprehensive care provided to victims of SGBV.
- Support the mental health and SGBV staff on keeping a professional distance from the patients and an active thinking position
- Venting heavy stories
- Reflecting on emotions involved in the employee/beneficiary relationship
- Discussion on specific situations to understand the emotional component in the relationship and to be able to adapt positioning and attitude
- Understanding better patients’ behavior through technical enlightenments
- Sharing coping tools and enhancing team work
- Encouraging use of self-care technics
- Expressing all work-related emotions
- Alert management if needed, in respect of confidentiality, and eventually suggest solutions:
- Employee in danger/Beneficiaries in danger
- Issues to be addressed
- Approach and content of the sessions are to be adapted to each position: doctors, nurse counsellors, social workers, psychologist, drivers, watchmen…
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Degree in Clinical Psychology/Psychiatry
- Must possess a valid registration with Recognized Licensing Body in Nigeria as clinical psychologist/psychiatrist
- Experience 5 years of experience as a clinical therapist
- Experience in providing collective/individual clinical supervision
- Experience in psycho-trauma and SGBV would be an asset
- Languages Fluency in written and spoken English
- Skills Flexibility and availability to discuss over the phone any emotional emergency
- Understanding of group dynamics
Job Title: HR and L&D Assistant
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute administrative tasks according to the HR/Administration manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over resources supporting in organizing and implementing the learning and development activities in the project.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the HR/ Administration Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Supporting the HR Manager in the creation and implementation of Learning and Development activities in the project.
- Ensuring the organization (i.e. training location, equipment, feeding) of trainings/workshops in the project.
- Completing the project training spread sheet and assisting line managers with the application of learning for any development activities.
- Carrying out other responsibilities as assigned by the HR Manager and L&D Implementer.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Organize and assist in the delivering of trainings to external participants from the Ministry of health and teaching hospital.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Desirable Human Resource, Administration or related diploma
- Experience Previous working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs is essential
- International NGO experience will be desirable
- Languages English Language
- Igbo language is an added advantage
Deadline: 12th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here and Answer the questions on this Link, then submit their Cover Letter, CV, qualifications and contact details to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Non-compliant or Late applications will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.