Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Impact Officer
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Category: Impact, Programming, Social Cohesion, Trust Building & Conflict Sensitivity
Career Level: Mid-Level
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Impact Manager
- The impact officer will support the coordination and implementation of impact programs activities.
- She/he will focus on market systems, value chains, financial inclusion, climate smart agriculture and also support in the implementation of other impact programs intervention.
- While working with partner farmers to coordinate and implement impact programs, she/he shall ensure integration and promotion of do-no-harm principles, conflict sensitivity, social cohesion and trust building, trauma awareness and inclusivity.
- She/he will have a strong understanding and experience in agriculture marketing system, innovative agriculture techniques, value chain approach and significant experience working in multi-sector activities as well as knowledge and experience in sustainable rural livelihoods, food security, IGA, livestock production, value chains and nutrition sensitive agriculture.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Extension, Rural Livelihoods etc.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant fields with a local or international
- Experienced and exposure to field operations in both emergency and recovery programs
- Experience in agricultural extension services
- Experience working with farmer associations/ groups or village savings and loan clubs
- Experience and comfortable working in rural areas and with rural people, having low literacy level
- Sustainable agriculture production and natural resource management knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google Drive & Applications, Internet etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills, and capacity to deliver appropriate and relevant trainings to a target audience
- Very good communication, analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, cross-functional environment and across departments
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible manner
- Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities
- Dedication, commitment with integrity
- High motivation for improvement and ability to deliver in a challenging environment
- Excellent Written and spoken English Language
- Proficient in local languages such as Hausa, Higgi/Kamwe or Margi.
- Support the impact manager to ensure impact program activities are implemented effectively and efficiently with a focus on Nuru’s vision and strategic objectives
- Work with the impact team to effectively and efficiently implement post-harvest and storage intervention
- Support the impact manager to ensure interventions are effectively integrated and that the team works together to optimize integrated impact
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with partner farmers, agencies, community leaders, and other key stakeholders in the host community while working in the field
- The Impact Officer will support the impact manager to effectively and efficiently implement impact programs interventions in a sustainable and transparent way. He/she will work in close collaboration with the leadership and M&E teams
- Ensure all intervention areas are helping the rural community realize sustainable meaningful choices in order to lift themselves out of extreme poverty in a sustainable way
- Prepare high quality progress reports and ensure they are submitted on time
- Work with the Nuru Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation to ensure that interventions are effectively monitored and evaluated in order to assess progress, increase impact, and guide scaling decisions
- Collaborate with Nuru Nigeria leadership team to build and strengthen the capacity of farmer associations/ organization and their leaders towards sustainability
- Exemplify the servant leadership philosophy of Nuru Nigeria and work with other team members to build company culture around a service and farmer-first mentality
- Foster organizational development, promote Nuru’s values and servant leadership culture, promote accountability and high performance, and encourage team creativity and innovation.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by your line manager.
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Terms and Conditions
The appointment will be open ended for long-term fixed employment based on annual contract extensions.
Deadline: 16th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.