Recent Vacancies at Ibaka Entertainment Limited (IbakaTV), Aug., 2019
Ibakatv is a video on demand platform for Nollywood movies; it has over 15,000 hours of movie and TV content streamed on-demand. Due to rapid expansion we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill a strategic business position as we maintain our status as one of the fastest-growing internet entertainment companies in Nigeria. Uniquely, the work environment offers a first-class condition with a very attractive remuneration package.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- To ensure that the company’s financial transactions are up to date and properly documented
- To ensure the accuracy and integrity of the General ledger
- To ensure that procedures according to laid down corporate financial policies are followed
- To ensure that all financial transactions are input into the accounting system
- Responsible for integrity of General ledger
- Implementing procedures according to Corporate policies and procedures
- Producing multi-dimensional reports for Management decision
- Ensuring that all costs are properly tracked and that OPEX and CAPEX are within budget
- Preparing and implementing budgets for the entire Company
- Costing of the Company’s products, materials, and services
- Demonstrating cost cutting initiatives aiming at providing best solution at lower cost
- Developing and implementing effective controls framework and management systems to guide and support business operations
- To strictly adhere to all financial policies and procedures
- To reconcile Company’s Bank Accounts
- To maintain Fixed Assets registers
- To deal with all Tax matters
- To assist with the preparation of the budget
- To maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- To issue cheques for suppliers due
- To maintain financial files and documents
- To maintain and reconcile the accounts payable
- To book all invoices received
- To generate relevant financial reports that will aid management in taking key decisions
- To reconcile all vendors’ accounts
- To process vendors’ invoices
- To reconcile Receivable Accounts
- To attend to Customers account query and send manual invoices where necessary
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by supervisors from time to time.
- The job holder must have a Bachelor’s Degree 2nd Class honours in Accounting, Finance or other related fields with a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification in a reputable organisation.
- Must be proficient in Xero Business Accounting software. Possession of a Master’s degree and professional certification will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Team playing skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good knowledge of spread sheets
- Proficient and versatile in the use of technology and accounting software packages
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and pressurized work environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to innovate, prioritize and implement effectively
- Hard work, High level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Job Title: HR & Administrative Officer
- This role is responsible for providing a generalist Human Resource and Administrative support to the company including but not limited to recruitment, training and development, performance management, talent management, welfare & motivation and general administration.
- Coordinate Staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organised and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Learning & Development: Preparation of training plan/budget and processing of ITF reimbursement claim.
- Administer Leave Analysis Data Base and provide updates to support leave applications when necessary.
- Administer background checks for new hires prior confirmation.
- Assist with Annual Performance Review spread sheet.
- Support with Annual Salary Review processes.
- Co-ordinate the company’s front office function and driver’s unit.
- Preparation of monthly report on key accountabilities.
- Monthly update on Organogram and changes when necessary.
- Support in Welfare matters –End of the Year Party, Reward & Recognition.
- Ensure compliance with staff handbook.
- Preparation of Introduction letters and letters of invitation for local and international staff as and when necessary.
- Interface with Finance department and Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs) for prompt payment of staff pension contributions.
- Provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resources and work related issues.
- Maintain confidential records of employees.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned occasionally.
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Performance review methods and techniques
- Staff training, development and recognition
- Mentoring and coaching
- Emotional Intelligence
- Nigeria Labour Law and Industrial Relations
- ILO standards
- Facilities & Maintenance
- The job holder MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree 2nd Class honours in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial Relations or any other Social Sciences discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience from a reputable organization, consulting experience will be valuable.
- Candidate must be a member: (Associate or Student) of CIPM.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree and other relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Project management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic counselling and negotiation skills
- Time management skills
- Outstanding Presentation Skills
- Integrity and confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com the “Job Title” as subject of the mail.