Recent Vacancies for at Alfred & Victoria Associates, 23rd Aug., 2019
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Network Support
Job Grade: Analyst/Senior Analyst
Functionally Reports To: Chief Technical Officer
Administratively Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Internal Customer: All Units in DJL
External Customer: Training Facilitators/Guests/Training participants/Vendors
Jobs Duties/Responsibilities Accountabilities
- Computer Services Help Desk support and Daily checks on health of all internal backups and networks.
- Application design, implementation & management.
- Equipment and Software Operational Support, rendering network system planning, configuration, installation, maintenance, high-level trouble-shooting and/or security.
- Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analysis, plan projects and determine future network systems requirements and their costs.
- Network Management and planning, test, recommend, and implement network, file server, mainframe, and workstation hardware and software.
- Administrative and Leadership Functions.
- Equipment and Software Technical Support, Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software and file services.
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Recommend network solutions for short, medium and long range network projects.
- Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- HND or a good Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Microsoft: MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MOS
- Cisco: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP
- Other tech certification such as A+ , Network+, Security+, Server+, OCA, CISA ,CISM, ITIL, PRINCE2/PMP, etc
- Experience: At least 2 – 4 yrs. of post 1st Degree experience in IT support (Networks, Systems & Application Management).
Key Competencies Requirements
- Strong IT knowledge
- Good knowledge of LAN & WAN, IT User Systems Support & Management; System design & installation, Information Security, Project Management
- Familiarity with relevant best practise standards
- Good presentation & facilitation skills
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite.
Area of knowledge includes:
- Installation & management of IT Networks (LAN, MAN & WAN) & use of structured cabling (SOC)
- Helpdesk Function : User Support of Desktops, Servers, Laptops, Printers and other PC peripherals
- IT Services Management
- Systems Design & Planning
- Data & Voice networking & infrastructure : Patch Panels, Hubs, Switches, Routers
- Information security management.
- IT systems installation & management.
Job Title: Network Engineer
Department: Technical Support
Reporting to: CTO (Technical Issues)
GM (Customers Relations)
Role in Summary
- As a key member of our Technical team, you will be responsible for the execution of Technical/Network strategy, coordinates the Network Operation Centre (NOC) to achieve maximum possible service availability & performance for customers.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction for the Company clients at all time.
- Coordinates the Technical Support Team to have excellent relationship with Sales Team, Project Team, Accounts Department & the Clients.
- Assist in developing, designing & implement workflows for infrastructure configuration, back –up & management.
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to add value to existing services & capabilities.
- Develop solutions that drive the success of our network.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports.
- Leverage networking tools to identify & mitigate networks anomalies.
- Ensure stable & reliable ISP network services.
- Monitors the network performance on daily basis.
- Handles & coordinates network trouble shooting & fault analysis.
- Coordinates Trouble Ticket generation & swift responses.
- Coordinates escalation matrix & solution management.
- Manages deployment & maintenance of network monitoring, analysis & reporting tools.
- Coordinates configuration processes on the hardware.
- Manages installation of network hardware & software.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to Technical Support Team in interpreting and reacting to networks issues/events.
- Contribute to design & enhancement of the Company datacentre infrastructures.
- Manages outages bridges, compose detailed shift and outage reports to Management.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in Network Engineering.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account set and network configuration.
- Talk Clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they have solve a technical issue.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to Customers.
- Report from time to time to CTO.
- Any other Tasks assigned to you by the Management.
Personal Qualities & Qualifications
Job Holder need to be:
- A focussed, self-motivated Network Engineer with creative flair who will bring Network strategies to life.
- An Engineer passionate about Network Strategies that thrives on delivering exciting performance and content.
- A highly effective individual who has an absolute eye for detail and is focussed on improving business performance through exceptional Network – Strategies/Solutions execution, reporting and evaluation.
- Degree holder in Electrical Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Engineering from reputable higher institution.
- Must be certified professional in the relevant network engineering certifications like CCNA, CCNP & CCIE etc.
Demand on the Job
- Must have 5 years cognate experience in Network Engineering from software & telecommunications related organisation especially ISP firm.
- Ability and wiliness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under none or minimal supervision.
- Maybe required to work weekends and in shifts.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Swift resolution of any established Trouble Ticket within 30 minutes for minor complaints.
- Swift resolution of any established Trouble Ticket within 2 hours for major complaints.
- Proper monitoring of Network.
- Low outages /down time NOT more than 6 HOURS per month recorded.
- Proactive maintenance of the Network & data centre infrastructures.
- Low Clients churning rate at minimum rate of one client per month. OR 0.05% of the clientele base per annum.
- High rate of Configuration and commissioning of minimum 10 Links per day.
- High retention rate of Technical Support employees under supervision of Network Engineer.
- Excellent customer relations.
Deadline: 3pm; 6th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.