Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities; sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resourcing Assistant – Voluntary Resource
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: People Resourcing Manager
Type of Role: Business, management and IT
Start Date: 1st October, 2019.
- Under the direct supervision of the Country People Resourcing Manager, the Resourcing Support Volunteer will serve as part of focal point for the coordination of recruitment related activities as well as provision of recruitment support to ensure effective and efficient execution of processes, projects and activities
- The role will also support in building the capacity of in-country selectors to help deliver key aspects of the volunteer journey including assessment and training.
- Support People Resourcing Manager to administer selection criteria, appropriate assessment tools and interview guidelines for recruitment.
- Support People Resourcing Manager to manage end to end recruitment logistics preparation
- Support and assist VSON in country selection panel team to conduct volunteer candidate assessment
- Support People Resourcing Manager to prepare end to end recruitment documentation including personnel file documentation.
- Support to build the capacity of the VSON in-country voluntary workforce selector’s team to recruit, train and manage the voluntary workforce to support the projects in the country.
- Support in reviewing job descriptions and advertisements for volunteer roles before advertising
- Adapt VSO Assessment methodology and resources in line with project requirements, maintaining high quality and standards.
- Support the People Resourcing Manageron longlists and shortlists of applicants for roles advertised in line with the job requirements/ shortlist criteria
- Support People Resourcing Manager for the end to end recruitment communications with the candidate including internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct learning review of the recruitment process so quality is continually improved and any work assigned by the People Resourcing Manager of VSO Nigeria.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Competent volunteers are recruited to fill the vacant position at the right time
- Suitable number of good candidates recruited for the selection days
- Accurate and timely scheduling of interviews and assessments –
- High-quality assessment days delivered in line with VSO guideline
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with all key stakeholders -Strong recruitment networks are built and maintained
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated at all times
- Objectives will be confirmed in the first three months of the placement.
Skills and Knowledge
- At least a HND or equivalent qualification in Human Resources Management, Administration, Education, Management, Social Science or any other relevant areas
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Strong skills for relating and working with men and women, boys and girls
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence and credibility with employees at all levels
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
- Strong skills for relating and working with men and women, including youths.
- Possession of strong verbal and written communication in English
- Experience organizing and facilitating interview session
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Ms excel and MS word
- Interest in national and international development issues.
- Committed to practicing innovation & change.
- As a VSO volunteer you will work on an ad hoc basis, performing activities for VSO / your community during your free time. Expenses you incur while volunteering for VSO are reimbursed (be more specific if applicable).
- If you are not able to work from your own home, VSO will provide basic accommodation (including utilities).
Deadline: 6th September, 2019.
19th September, 2019.