eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary to the Incident Manager
Purpose of the Position
- The Secretary will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office.
- S/he will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information.
- S/he will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work with the National Incident Manager by answering phone calls and redirect them when necessary
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements for the National IM when the need arises.
- Document expenses reports by performing basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment as well as a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Adheres to Policies and procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa code of conduct as well as ethical standards.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision. Presents complex ideas and anticipates potential objections.
- Clearly communicates any ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders, and presents alternatives.
- Helping prepare for meetings and managing databases
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos, and forms
- File and update the contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
- Maintaining diaries and arranging appointments
- Implementing new procedures and administrative systems
- Liaising with relevant organizations and clients
- Coordinating mail-shots and similar publicity tasks
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Supervises and writes reports on the program for management and donor agencies.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Secretarial Studies, and Administration or any related discipline.
- Proven work experience as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal Interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity, Professionalism, and responsibility
- Minimum of 4 years Secretarial experience with the Public Health Sector, NGO, multinational, Blue chip industry.
- Expert use of technology; Ms office suites, printers, scanners, photocopiers,
- Professional certification as an administrative professional IAAP certification
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also:
- Impact & Quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & Learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online