Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Project: UNHCR – North East
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases
The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities mostly in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria
- Security Officer will provide support in development and management of safety & security strategy and provide support to the on management of staff safety and security issues which will strive to support AHNI program implementation.
- He/she will work across existing and new programs in the North East and Nigeria.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Degree level or relevant certification in International Relations, Security Management, Risk Management, Humanitarian work, ex-Military – Nigeria, SSS or Nigeria Police
- Experience in incident reporting, incident mapping, compilation of security reports and assessments
- Experience in training and coaching national staff in safety and security.
- Technical competency and training experience in field based communication systems, Thuraya and internet systems.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian principals of humanity, neutralit3 impartiality and independence
- Nigeria experience and understanding local languages an advantage.
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills, competency in internet and Microsoft office systems including word, excel, power point, access and other database mapping systems
- A formal security qualification or security management training work experience in complex environments (minimal 5 years) Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi ethnic team experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in complex context.
- 3 years working with an INGO or development organization preferred
Deadline: 11th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.