Vacancy for Utility Technical Specialist (UTS) at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach – one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
E-WASH is now looking for candidates with expertise and experience for the position below:
Job Title: Utility Technical Specialist
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The main objective of the position is to work with the SWB to develop Performance Improvement Plans, support implementation, and monitor progress against targets. This position will support the SWBs to ensure that there are clearly defined and developed Asset Maintenance and Management (AMM) Systems that will ensure sustainable water systems that can continue working properly for the intended lifetime of the infrastructure. O&M will be incentivized through the SWB Action Plan KPIs and subsequent departmental PIPs.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Engineering, Utility Management, Water Supply and Sanitation, Executive Management of Water and Sanitation Programs.
- Proven knowledge in developing non-revenue water control strategies, customer management etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of utility asset management practices, water utility operations from source to tap including understanding of treatment methods
- Understanding different solutions for fecal sludge management, development of urban sanitation city plans.
- A minimum of Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Experience in designing performance improvement plans for utilities in water or energy.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluency in the local language an added advantage.
- Working with the SWB determine cost of meeting immediate measures to improve delivery of water services assist in selection and technical monitoring of contracts issued under the utility support fund for the state.
- Design and support implementation of performance improvement measures including non-revenue water reduction strategies.
- Design appropriate urban sanitation improvement plans at the main city on fecal sludge management, collection and transportation and treatment approaches.
Deadline: 6th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should only submit their Application Letter and CV as one single MS Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.