Chief Executive Officer Vacancy in a Not-for-profit Organization
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a not-for-profit organization with strong partnerships with leading companies across various industries/sectors who seeks to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead its work in Africa.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (Non-Profit Organization)
Reference Number: 130-PEO01106
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The CEO will work with staff and global leadership to lead the Nigerian office to develop the local approach required to support the coordinated involvement of the African private sector in improving the health and economic productivity of the continent.
- The office will catalyze high-impact partnerships, elevate the business voice to policy makers and provide a visible platform to recognize and share private sector contributions to improving health within their workplace and within their communities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree from leading university (or equivalent experience) in Business, Public Health, International Relations, International Development, Communications or a related field
- 8-10 years combined experience in business and development/health with at least 3 years leading a corporate programmes for a major company.
- A track record of successfully planning and implementing new concepts and/or campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and initiatives with a diverse range of partners and stakeholders
- An understanding of strategic philanthropy, Corporate social responsibility, building of public/private partnerships/network, scaling and/or evaluating programmes with corporate partners
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in relationship building with a wide array of stakeholders at C-suite/senior level
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external audience
- Demonstrated leadership in consulting; building brands, products, portfolios, creating new business models and/or learning platforms with proven market results
- Awareness of current and emerging health issues and trends
- Should be citizen of an AU member country
- Fluency in French is an added advantage (for outreach to Francophone Africa)
- Basic finance and accounting knowledge
Skills and Competencies:
- Track record negotiating and closing six figure commitments from corporate sector, high net worth individuals and other donors
- Demonstrated international experience; strong experience in the African Region is an added advantage
- Comfortable and thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, resources-constrained work environment
- Strategic and tactical, effectively balancing vision and execution
- Entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business
- Disciplined, proactive, self-starter, flexible, passionate about work, persuasive, enthusiastic, energized
- adaptable and an agile leader
- Effective speaker with the ability to inspire others, motivate action, generate confidence and trust in investors, partners, clients, Board and staff.
- Strong consulting and project management skills
- Global mindset with international experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the creation of a fully active and invested network of African companies
- Drive revenue and long-term financial stability, as well as strategic planning and partnerships for maximum value and impact on overall health goals
- Define and drive the preferred culture and long-term vision of the Organization
- Develop a distinguished regional Advisory Board to provide technical and strategic support in identifying/setting priorities
- Ensure annual planning and goal setting is conducted in alignment with the organizations mission and business goals
Business Development & Fundraising:
- Source additional US$3 million in annual commitments over three years to support the development of the organization
- Establish a consulting practice, lead the development and ‘sales’ of bespoke African products
- Cross fertilize programmes in collaboration with the international team, identifying and sharing opportunities to engage coalition members on global platforms.
Representation & Facilitation:
- Primary spokesperson for the organization, representing both the organization and its parent with business, government and development leaders, and on public platforms. Facilitate round table conversations and other leadership meetings with C-suite executives and other senior representatives of partners and stakeholders
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders as identified (e.g. government ministries, other foundation and corporate leaders)
Marketing & Communications (in collaboration with overseas team):
- Lead/oversee overall regional messaging, materials and media partnerships/outreach (inclusive of social media)
- Organize event(s) and programmes
Programmes Design and Content:
- Lead idea generation, design creative concepts and technical information to educate partners, drive partnerships and collective action, and identify/support consulting opportunities
Organization and Fiscal Management:
- International collaboration: Key member of parent organization’s management team. Thought partner on organizational strategy and implementation partner on programme opportunities
- Finance: Responsible for developing and monitoring regional budget; Profit and Loss, balance sheet and cash flow management. Provide timely reports to the international office and Board of Directors as required
- Staff: Responsible for overall recruitment and performance of local staff. Grow and mentor the local/regional team to implement and coordinate programmes and consulting projects
- Structure and governance: Work with the local legal counsel and management team to lead local registrations; establish banking accounts/protocols, develop organizational policy and procedures, (in harmony with the parent company’s policy and local regulations/practices) and drive commitment to health and safety standards
- A visionary, inspirational and strategic leader is required to run the operations of the organisation. The candidate should be an outstanding communicator and coalition-builder, knowledgeable about business and health, with the ability to close large deals with high-net worth individuals and corporations.
Deadline: 19th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online