Chief Information Officer Job in a Securities & Exchange Commission
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a Securities & Exchange Commission Licensed Register and Data Administration Service Provider. The company is perhaps the most innovative provider of securities register and data administration services in the Nigerian capital market.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01105
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline
- Relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional certification in the areas of IT service management, IT governance, enterprise architecture, information systems security and Project Management, etc. is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in information systems management.
- Relevant work experience in the financial services industry will be an advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The role holder would be responsible for championing the company’s technology vision and alignment of technology initiatives with strategic business objectives, oversee the development and deployment of efficient technology operating models and processes, security of the company’s information assets.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, implement and direct the company’s IT strategic plan to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Advise Executives and Management on information technology and provide status reports on technology initiatives.
- Provide vision and leadership in all aspects of IT management and operations towards attaining the company’s current and future technology objectives.
- Responsible for IT budgeting and financial planning to ensure cost improvement.
- Set the company’s overall technology standards and practices.
- Make recommendations as well as explaining technology solutions to Management.
- Providing leadership and managing career development of direct reports.
- Oversee the development, implementation and management/maintenance of the company’s information technology and security policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day, overall information technology operations.
- Overall responsibility for liaising between business functions and IT, coordinating technical information and plans.
- Provide input on hiring decisions for technology staff.
- Design, plan and implement a companywide disaster recovery plan.
- Establish and oversee the implement short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the management and success of technology projects.
- Oversee service management of vendors, outsourced operations and other third-party relationships.
- Develop metrics for tracking performance implemented technology initiatives.
Skills & Competencies
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT
- Strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Tactical implementation abilities
- Project management methodologies
- Leadership skill in technology management
- In-depth knowledge of company’s data requirement
- State-of-the-art knowledge of information systems security
- Excellent judgment and planning abilities
- Documentation skills
- Taking ownership
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Good negotiation skill
- Interpersonal Skill.
- General managerial/ administration
- Coaching/mentoring and team building
- Conflict management
- Leadership / Influencing
- Organization and coordination skills
- Additional Information.
Deadline: 27th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online