Compliance and Internal Control Manager Job at BridgeGap Consults Limited
Bridgegap Consults Limited – Our client, a multinational operating within the Argic sector, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance and Internal Control Manager
- The candidate will support and report to the MD/CEO and country manager in providing an independent evaluation of the activities of the company and its related entities, centrally coordinating all audit and compliance activities within the organization and ensuring strictly adherence to laid down framework of approved policies and processes, by designing processes and following through with all functional units on the implementation and adherence to same
- This should limit risk for the organization and safeguard it’s investments.
Educational Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related numerate discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a managerial level.
- Experience in assessing risk and Developing Financial and process Audit plan.
- Knowledge of Audit Standards, Business processes and Internal Controls
- Knowledge of audit standards and business processes and internal controls.
- Experience in conducting audit procedures and test of internal controls
- Experience in assessing risk and developing financial and process audit plan.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Hard work and Quality Focus
- Knowledge of business processes and internal controls
- Objectivity and Independence
- Passion and Commitment
- Innovation and Attention to Detail.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, implementation and review of the internal audit work programs, audit plan and risk register and drive the development, deployment and update/review of the charter, manual, relevant policies and other frameworks for the Internal Audit Function
- Establish effective business relationships within the Company and assist management in the understanding and application of and adherence to internal control, risk management, compliance and governance principles
- Perform audits through the review of physical and electronic records, evaluate the level of compliance with established business control policies, processes, procedures, standards, laws and regulations in assigned functional areas/business units, identify control weaknesses or process improvement opportunities and initiate workable solutions
- Document and file work papers and audit procedures performed. Track timely and effective corrective actions taken following audit recommendations
- Maintain back up (physical and electronic) of all internal audit materials for easy retrieval and reference and monitor the document management process across the Company.
- Monitor and drive compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements across all business areas.
- Conduct monthly review of bank reconciliation statements for all existing bank accounts and monthly call over/review of transactions focusing on appropriate posting of transactions and ensuring compliance with statutory deductions.
- Investigate and report all alleged cases of fraud, waste, abuse and inefficiencies and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
- Participate in stock counts and follow through to ensure that store balances are reconciled to the general ledger; conduct physical verification of property, plant and equipment (PPE), and monitor the disposal of PPE as directed by the Board.
- Implement the internal audit strategic initiatives relating to key responsibilities.
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required by the Head, Business Assurance and Compliance, management or Board.
Deadline: 24th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail