Brookstone Property is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Account & Corporate Finance Manager
Job Level: Experienced
Job Type: Full-Time
- We’re looking for an organized and goal driven Account & Corporate Finance specialist to join our growing team at our company. The candidate will work closely with other operations personnel and be responsible for the day-to-day handling of the company’s accounts, cash flow, investments and financials. We’re an energetic company and we are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and bring strategic value to our finance team.
- The candidate will provide accounting support including preparing accounts, statements, and payments, and will provide corporate finance support by leading treasury strategy, investment raises, and financial forecasting and valuations.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the Finance Department and help the company grow its financial strength, controls, and prowess in order to ensure long term financial health and success.
- Play an active role in the finance analysis and valuation by developing high-quality financial models
- Work closely with the corporate finance management and key stakeholders in long-term strategy formation, revenue budget setting processes, and the identification of new opportunities for the business
- Liaise with the legal team in ensuring that financial transactions executed across the business are in compliance with state legislation and business policies
- Identify revenue generation opportunities for the business by identifying potential clients and investors
- Responsible for defining the appropriate liquidity quantum that the business should maintain and the composition
- Define appropriate capital structures for business arrangements while keeping in mind the business needs, risk management, taxation, accounting, and legal/policy requirements
- Responsible for vendor maintenance on Finance System ensuring compliance to data standards.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, receipts, cheque requests, manual cheques and contract payments.
- Responsible for processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
- Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing of weekly cheque printing.
- Responsible for cheque stock inventory & safekeeping of same.
- Responsible for receivable and debts collection profiling.
- Maintaining all records of business costs – capex and operating expenses.
- Reconciliation of accounts with the general ledger.
- Responsible for cash flow management and reporting.
- Responsible for comparative analysis.
- Provides reports as required by Finance Consultant and management team.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Responsible for maintaining proper books of account and preparing financial statements
- Ensuring the organizations income and expenditure are properly documented.
- Prepare and present the company’s annual account and financial statements
- Review financial reports and documents
- Ensure timely payment of bills
- Recover amount established as being receivable including recovery of VAT
- Liaise with the government authorities in regards to tax filing.
- Assist external auditors during audit.
- Presides over processing and payment of expenditure.
- Manage the company’s finances.
- Formulate and implement the organization’s financial plans and keep up-to-date account records particularly payables.
- Prepare the company’s weekly and monthly budget including payroll, monthly purchases etc.
- Actively involved in educating staff on strategies for minimizing cost.
- Provide monthly updates on budget implementation covering credit and carry forwards commitments, de-commitments, and payments;
- Ensure deposit of all cash transactions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Accounting. (An MSc in Accounting or other related fields will be an added advantage)
- Must have exceptionally good communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Strong Knowledge of Accounting principles and Softwares (Peachtree Sage, Tally
- High Level Audit Experience
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
- Must be conversant with the Taxation System in Nigeria
- ICAN Certified
- At least five years relevant work experience leading a finance/accounting team from the beginning of a financial period to its close
- Must be conversant with most accounting principles.
- Great Analytical skills and Eye for details
- Preferred Years of Experience: 5-10 years.
Job Title: Real Estate Development Manager
- Are you an innovative and creative real estate deal maker who has a history of successfully executing commercial real estate transactions or executing development projects?
- Do you have experience working in commercial, retail, and residential projects?
- Are you able to add value through every step of the development process including sourcing and acquiring land, office/retail leasing, financial modelling and analysis, and project oversight?
- Do you appreciate the value that can be created by comprehensive market feasibility and analysis, design oversight, financial analysis, sales/leasing interactive advertising and project management?
- Are you looking for a performance-driven culture where the focus is creating great developments where people love to live, work, play and a work environment which will challenge your real estate acumen?
- If so, you may be a good fit as the Real Estate Development Manager for our team in Lagos, Nigeria, and we’d love to hear your story.
- The Real Estate Development Manager has two main functions:
- Develop Brookstone’s project pipeline by cultivating relationships with and developing business from land owners, and off-takers including retail, office, and residential off-takers, and
- Manage Brookstone’s development portfolio from inception to completion including project conceptualization, design oversight, execution, team sourcing, attaining financing, project management and delivery. He/She will assist in areas covering Planning, Construction, Sales & Marketing, Financial Management & Reporting, Stakeholder Engagement and Management, Acquisitions and Procurement.
- We are looking for a very skilled and adaptive associate who can balance creative thinking and financial accountability, strategic planning, lead generation and sales execution, leadership and management, individual and team performance, culture and discipline.
- He/She will be required to communicate with multiple stakeholders and partners, manage the commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Management Team to acquire, develop, and manage commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavours
- Participate in all phases of complex developments including underwriting, internal investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
- Work with other development team members to prepare presentation materials for senior management, investors, JV partners, lenders, planning authorities, etc.
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Perform analyses by creating financial models and make recommendations to senior management based on these analyses
- Interact with multiple teams including the Property Management Team, Leasing Team, Finance Team, and the Legal Team to drive the progress of a project.
- Prepare budget models, investor memorandums and tenant leasing documents
- Drive with land acquisition including site visits, due diligence, liaising with agents and owners, preliminary financial analyses and securing anchor tenants
- Participation in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Assist with negotiation of project legal documents, contracts, leases, etc.
- Participation in marketing/leasing strategy sessions.
- Oversee Development Team meetings.
- Manage negotiation meetings with the contractors/consultants, vendors, tenants, etc.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Marketing, Architecture, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of direct experience within property development, property finance, or property leasing.
- Strong understanding of the development life cycle around commercial and residential assets
- Ability to negotiate while thinking of your feet
- Strong financial modelling skills preferred
- Proven interest and experience in real estate
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants, and/or vendors in an articulate, courteous, and business-like manner at all times.
- Results orientated.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
Deadline: 17th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.