SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Job Number: SRH03591
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Contract Type: Short term contract
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 9 months
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director in the area of operations
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone
- He/she is the Country Director’s direct contact and representative.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the Solidarités International charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management
Coordination and Strategic Orientation:
- Within his/her intervention zone, monitor and analyse the humanitarian, political, cultural, social and economic context.
- Within his/her intervention zone, propose and develop an operational strategy in line with the association’s policies and the population’s needs.
- Within his/her intervention zone, propose new operational directions according to how the context develops
Relevance and Operational Quality / Operation Monitoring:
- Ensure the coordination, development, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes implemented within his/her intervention zone
- Ensure that the programmes in his/her intervention are relevant and consistent.
- Ensure that the programmes in his/her intervention zone are implemented in accordance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarités International’s technical requirements and financial donor’ criteria.
- Propose the human, financial and logistical scale for his/her intervention zone and its organisation
- Ensure that financial resources and other means necessary for accomplishing projects in his/her intervention zone are mobilized.
- Guarantee the appropriate use of resources in his/her intervention zone
Human Resource Management:
- Build and maintain a team dynamic which enables the objectives of Solidarités International to be carried out in his/her intervention zone
- Promote the ethics and values of Solidarités International
- Monitor the implementation of Solidarités International’s human resources policy and procedures (recruitment, EAP, etc.)
- Monitor the personal and professional stability of Solidarités International employees and ensure that an adequate living and working environment is maintained
- Manage associates placed under his/her direct supervision
- Responsibility for the security of teams and property in his/her assigned zone, under the CD’s supervision
- Ensure that all security rules and procedures are respected in his/her intervention zone
- Ensure that a permanent security monitoring system is set up
- Ensure the immediate management of any security incidents occurring in his/her intervention zone and immediately notify the CD
- Monitor and analyse the security situation and ensure it is understood by teams
- Ensure that all new arrivals in his/her intervention zone are given a geopolitical and security briefing
- Ensure that all documents and procedures relating to security are updated regularly
Financial Backer Relations / Search for Funding:
- Monitor and analyse financial donor strategies in his/her intervention zone
- Participate, at the request of the CD, in the search for funding and ensure the financial stability of the organisation and the programmes implemented in his/her intervention zone
- Strengthen relations between SI and donor representatives in his/her intervention zone.
Internal and External Communication:
- Ensure that documents produced in his/her intervention zone meet deadlines and quality standards
- Ensure that all internal reporting respects the standard formats and procedures
- Organise regular coordination meetings
- Ensure that key operational information circulates properly, in his/her intervention zone and between the bases and the country coordination
- Be the official representative of Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone for aid workers, administrative, political and local authorities, civil society and the media
- Be an active participant in humanitarian forums and relevant coordination meetings
The Main Challenges:
- Contextual security analysis and security management
- Implementation of programs before end of donor contracts
- Enhanced coordination in clusters
- Cholera emergency response preparedness (necessary and appropriate stakes)
- Management of Logistical aspects over summer (rain season)
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in related sectors
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work and stress management capacities
- Patience and diplomacy skills
- Ability to set up and orientate coordination mechanism in an operational way
- Ability to prior tasks and manage a large scope of work
- Previous experiences as a Field Coordinator in remote and unsecure areas
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the context
- Experience in tensed context in terms of security
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required
- Good knowledge and experience on evaluation and monitoring tools and good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Salary and Conditions
- A salary starting from 2600 Euros gross per month + valorization of your experiences
- A monthly Per Diem of 600 USD
- SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
- During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months
- For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
- To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked > i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract.
Social and Medical Cover:
- Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- The living conditions in Dikwa base has improved a lot over the past two years. There are 2 bedrooms with bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen well equipped. The security rules are however restrictive as the context is tense.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
Note: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.