Finance Manager/ Internal Auditor Vacancy at Neem Foundation
Neem Foundation is Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of those affected by the North- East insurgency in Nigeria through building inclusive communities, providing and raising the standards of psycho-social care and countering extremist narratives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager/ Internal Auditor
- The Finance Manager/Internal Auditor leads all day-to-day financial operations, with functional responsibility for financial accounting, internal audit, accounts payable, and general financial administration.
- Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), adhere to grants management standards, and result in flawless audits (both internal and external).
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 10 years’ experience with international development programs (MSC degree in public Accounting, Finance, business administration, or its recognized equivalent – an added advantage);
- Professional certification in ICAN, ACCA, ACA, CFA, etc.
- Experience with donor-funded projects and experience working in an NGO/UN environment (Required);
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices. Budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets, and Management Information Systems;
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements;
- Familiarity with Nigerian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Nigeria (Highly Desirable);
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner. With minimal supervision, manage high-volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data as well as experience with computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret financial information and reports Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- A confident professional with integrity, discretion and the ability to develop trust with staff and managers at all levels;
- Energetic, flexible, responsive and willing to be hands-on. Committed to providing a service that makes a difference;
- Well organized, with the ability to manage multiple programs and workstreams as well as ad hoc responsive tasks, balancing a range of priorities and deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Well-developed computer skills.
- Proficiency in Hausa (an added advantage)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review work plan and other budgets for Neem Foundation projects;
- Prepare all financial reports as required;
- Track and monitor project expenditures against budget; including preparing monthly pipeline analyses for Neem HQ and field team;
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology;
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional internal audit standards and Neem Foundation’s internal audit methodology;
- Evaluate the adequacy of process, design, and the effectiveness of controls in meeting program and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings;
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies;
- Participate in closing meetings with donors at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues;
- Work with external auditors to ensure that Neem Foundation is operating according to set standards;
- Conducts training for non-finance project staff on financial and grants management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online