Head, Financial Services Division Job in a Financial Market Infrastructure
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Services Division
Reference Number: 130-PEO01107
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline from an accredited University
- An advanced degree in Finance (MBA or M.Sc.) is strongly preferred
- Relevant accounting professional qualifications e.g. ACA, ACCA, CFA, FRM, PRM, ACIB, etc.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years post-professional qualification experience with at least six (6) years in a senior management role in a reputable and structured organisation
- Experience in the Capital Markets Industry is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven track record of working in the Capital Markets Industry
- Very good knowledge of the Nigerian Financial Markets
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of local and global finance best practices in operations and reporting standards
- Strong business acumen and tact
- Good understanding of macroeconomic indices and their impact on business
- Knowledge of best practices in process improvement and internal controls
- Good understanding of tax regulations and applications
- High level of integrity and sound ethics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- This individual will be primarily responsible for the Organisation’s Group Finance function, and in this capacity will provide guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the activities of the Finance function for the Group and all Subsidiaries.
- He/ she will also be responsible for assessing financial risks and opportunities, facilitating the setting and tracking of financial goals, objectives and budgets.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Finance function’s operational strategy, work plans, programmes, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure the company’s group maintains a rigorous financial framework in alignment with company’s strategy, goals and objectives
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of best practice financial activities supported by sound financial discipline in line with the Group’s finance policies
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant information and support for Executive Management, Board Committees and Board of Directors meeting.
- Identify financial implications of strategic projects/initiatives within the company’s group, and advise Executive Management accordingly
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely financial statements, including Management reports/analytics depicting the financial position of the organisation; ensure accurate information on performance is provided to key stakeholders, including regulators, investors and the general public
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the Group, and present long-term investment opportunities for Executive Management’s consideration
- Review and recommend appropriate investment and portfolio management strategies for the Company through robust investment research and execution of the approved Investment Policy
- Develop finance and accounting-related policies and processes in line with relevant local and global standards, to guide the Company’s finance operations
- Facilitate the development of the Group’s annual budget(s) and monitor/report the performance against the approved budget(s)
- Facilitate external audit of the Group and subsidiaries with minimal exceptions
- Ensure legal, statutory and regulatory documents are filed in a timely manner and monitor compliance with relevant guidelines, laws and regulations
- Facilitate annual Group/Company valuation to monitor growth of the Group/Company
- Ensure robust and well-structured planning/budgeting/forecasting processes for the company’s Group
- Ensure full compliance to the Group’s internal policies and processes
- Oversee key practices that provide optimal cash and liquidity management for the company
- Develop/Review and present Executive Committee (ExCo) and Board Papers, as required
- Facilitate the development and/or update of finance-related policies & processes, and ensure adequate enlightenment among staff members
- Ensure financial controls are embedded in the Group’s finance operations and practices
- Build a competent finance team and facilitate capacity building and knowledge transfer to all team members across the Division, to improve overall performance
Deadline: 17th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online