Baobab is an investment company in microfinance, created in July 2005 by Planet Finance, established in Paris. Baobab’s mission is to provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs unserved or underserved by the traditional financial sector by building a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electronic and Agency Banking Manager
Direct Supervisor: Chief Executive officer
- Responsible for planning and implementing all the Bank’s Electronic Banking offerings. This individual will lead, manage and hold accountable Cash Management Sales and Support staff and manage all aspects of electronic banking services (online, mobile, remote deposit, wire transfers, debit and credit card programs.
- Must understand client needs for electronic banking, manage budgets, and recommend changes to offerings to best meet requirements.
- The position ensures all branch and support staff have a clear understanding of current offerings and amendments to offerings, in addition to ensuring operations staff have the tools to process from the backside.
- Oversees all electronic banking activities such as Interswitch, Phone banking, Online banking, ATM and debit card services, SMS banking, Electronic alert, Mobile banking, fund transfers, other E-commerce and value added services .
Qualification and Requirements
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent financial related experience
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must also have experience with various software programs related to branch operations.
- Sufficient knowledge of Federal and State banking regulations.
- Proficient in the use of electronic banking products.
- 5- Years experience in commercial bank in similar role or equivalent 8 Years experience Microfinance banking experience in a similar role.
- A thorough understanding of banking products and services.
- Other professional qualification related to banking will be an added advantage.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institutions, payment processing flows (especially electronic payments), and the financial networks for processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of different project lifecycles (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
- Ability to communicate and relate to people from varying relationships (i.e. personal and business), varying levels of understanding, and varying levels of positions (i.e. data entry clerk versus company president).
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to understand, use, monitor, and evaluate varying types of computer systems.
- Working knowledge of Banking/Financial Institution regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of all technical and administrative functions of the E-Payments department.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Work with senior management to define the vision, scope and requirements for the Bank’s Electronic Banking offering.
- Research, select and implement the Bank’s electronic banking services (including risk assessments).
- Acts as the primary interface to the Bank’s core cash management and electronic banking service providers.
- Develops policies and procedures for electronic banking processes in order to ensure compliance with established standards and regulations.
- Work on departmental as well as corporate wide projects as a Subject Matter Expert, Business Analyst or Project Manager.
- Provide backup support to the E-Payments, Cards and ATM, and Digital Banking teams as needed, including the call center.
- Create and maintain documentation for procedures for new and existing products.
- Escalate any deficiencies or issues relating to electronic banking service and sales.
- Train client services staff on proper back-office processing of electronic banking services.
- Update disaster recovery scripts and storage boxes as necessary.
- Serve on the Disaster Recovery Committee, representing Electronic Banking management, the E-Payments, Cards and ATM, and Digital Banking teams.
- Project manager for upgrades or changes to systems.
- Work with the Marketing Committee to increase usage of electronic banking delivery channels
- Must keep current and maintain extensive knowledge of the Rules and Regulations regarding the processing of card and ATM transactions and electronic payments.
- Be a Go-To resource when any of the managers are not available.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert, Business Analyst or Project Manager on departmental projects.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on PMO corporate wide projects.
- Create project, processing and payment workflows
- Responsible for the bank’s cash management online products and services.
- Assist with the design and development of new on- line banking products.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs in terms of on-line banking.
- Provides timely technical and administrative support to the E-Payments, Cards and ATM, and Digital Banking teams and Electronic Banking management.
- Setup, training and support of Treasury Services and/or customers such as ACH, Wires, Remote Deposit, Digital Banking products, credit card products, debit and prepaid card products, and ATMs.
- This includes the Support and handling of research, follow up on issues, and the evaluation, installation, and monitoring of potential or selected new vendors/systems.
- Assist Electronic Banking management, the E-Payments, Cards and ATM, and Digital Banking staff with issues, research requests, workload, vendor relations, etc. to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Monitor and review vendor communications for all products and services supported by the E-Payments team for issues, enhancements and new feature/functionality.
- Escalate unresolved issues, including all relevant details, to appropriate individuals and/or vendors.
- Recognizes and suggests process improvements, then executes approved changes successfully.
- Manage the Risk Assessments and Troubleshooting for Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile Deposit Capture and must have a good understanding for ACH processes.
- Other duties as assigned, including serving on committees and participating in product advisory boards as assigned.
Application Deadline 4th October, 2019.