Buffer Media is a mobile marketing & VAS enabler that connect top brands with millions of people in Africa, locating them via mobile interactions. We enable monetization of mobile content (games, app, videos, music, CRBT) in Nigeria, and help mobile subscribers locate amazing products, services & apps via mobile advertising.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Duties and Responsibilities (Product Vision & Strategy/Management)
- This individual must have hands on experience of product conceptualization, planning and execution of production cycles in a strategic manner.
- Have a deep understanding of product requirements and from that, create the long- term vision and strategy for the Company’s products.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Make Technical Decisions. Identify the Important outcomes, evaluate alternatives, look for the best/simplest pattern, decide how to apply existing patterns to a given problem.
- Have a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that increase market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Manage product development from concept, to design, sample production, testing, launch, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver on roadmap deadlines and define the acceptance criteria to measure engineering deliverables against.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding Reporting
- Provides information for management, answering questions and requests from clients and colleagues.
- Effectively manage product cycle.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Strategically design and adopts ways to enhance product market share by working with Head, Business Development and Brand Manager to develop product sales strategies.
Education & Qualification
- MS/BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Ability to develop products and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development.
- Knowledge on Web technologies.
- Problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Title: Brand Manager
- The Brand Manager will be primarily responsible for adding new innovations to our digital business portfolio through opportunity assessment, project management, product launch, development and execution of short term, midterm and long-term strategy to achieve commercial success of new and existing products in their different categories.
- Create & deploy channel specific visibility and promotional programs to enhance the brand experience of customers across all touch points the brand makes with the customer.
- Identifying, building and prioritizing market and consumer insights; identifying potential products using said consumer insights
- Continuously monitor the market and competitive landscape to evaluate the existing and upcoming opportunities/ challenges, help the marketing team to devise counter measures to competitor moves, alter strategy to help the company brands gain and strengthen market position.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Develop, Validate and support the production of marketing assets (e.g.: Product story, TVCs/ digital films, Key Visuals, Consumer Leaflets) -multiple versions with subtle changes per market while maintaining overall consistency.
- Good understanding of digital marketing in terms of always on marketing, driving digital media efficiency via content optimization.
- Plan and manage individual brand’s P&L and budgets, including approval and detailed monitoring of all marketing and promotion expenses, sponsorships, etc.
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in Brand Management in the service industry, preferably ecommerce, telecommunications or IT
- Experience in developing insights, concepts & marketing strategies.
- Able to translate the assigned strategies into clear initiatives / milestones
- Previous experience in NPD innovation, new launch and project management will be an added advantage
- Excellent communications skills
- High proficiency of MS Office suite especially PowerPoint & Excel
- Analytical and insightful
- Project management capabilities
- Good appreciation of profit and loss and budget development and analysis to drive decision.
Deadline: 15th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume and one page Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position being applied for as subject of the email.