Job Opportunities for Marine Superintendent in a Maritime Company
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a Maritime Company located in Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Superintendent (DPA)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Required to monitor the vessel movements daily.
- Review and approval of all deck and paints requisitions.
- Ensures that all vessels are supplied with proper mooring wires and ropes as per Company’s standards
- Maintain and promote navigational standards on board vessels.
- Arrange supply/renewal and proper certification of all safety, LSA and FFA. Maintenance of safety-related equipment and keeping of proper operational records.
- Supervising vessel’s commercial operations (tank cleaning, loading and discharging) in port and enroute; ensuring efficient and safe use of the equipment and compliance of the vessel with her commercial obligations.
- Checking Loading / Discharging / Ballasting plans and procedures, COW and Passage plans and all other operation-related forms.
- Checking the navigational operations on board Company vessels including updating nautical charts, publications and corrections.
- Supervise operations and monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, international, state or local Maritime regulations.
- Responsible for operational related issues and ensures all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Protect company’s intellectual property & maintain confidentiality.
- Performing navigational, cargo and mooring audits and keep records as per company’s standards. Findings to be categorized and trends to be identified.
- Prepares inspection report (VIR) outlining observations and defects found on board inspected vessels.
- Close monitoring and follow up of vessel’s maintenance status.
- Issuing visit reports that include his remarks on the vessel’s condition, personnel (including level of cooperation) and equipment; makes recommendations for rectification of deficiencies or improvements to the existing situation.
- Verifying that safe working practices are followed in accordance to industry standards, current regulations and the CMS.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Marine Engineering or related field.
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc..
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vessels, Diving and Construction vessels, Semi-submersible and Jackup units.
- Minimum of 10 years’ compliance related managerial experience in tangible shoreside technical, and DPA
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Experience of multi-activity joint venture operations.
Deadline: 9th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word Format to: email@example.com using the “Marine Superintendent” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.