Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, a Healthcare Organization is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Reporting to: Medical Director
- We are looking for an experienced and caring midwife to join our team.
- The midwife will be responsible for the physical, mental, and emotional care of their patients during delivery.
- You will provide prenatal and postnatal education, examine patient during the course of the pregnancy, and assist patients in creating birth plans. You will also ensure the health and well-being of the newborn and mother during delivery. Must be licensed to practice.
Midwife Requirements and Qualifications
- Midwifery degree from an accredited School of Nursing and Midwifery ; additional education and certification a plus
- Years of experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in the private practice.
- Age Requirement: Applicants should be between the age bracket of 25-38 years
- Must be registered as a nurse.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and caring of patients
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude
- Able to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Good leadership skills; able to mentor and educate.
Midwife Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform gynecological exams
- Educate patients on health, nutrition, and family planning
- Take patient vital signs
- Counsel expectant mothers on birthing plans, including hospital care, birthing centers, and other options
- Provide emotional care for mothers during birth
- Arrange prenatal planning and care for mothers
- Prepare for birthing by following all health and safety standards
- Coach mother through birthing process
- Perform deliveries and assist caesareans
- Tend to the health and well-being of both the baby and mother during the process
- Assist surgeons and physicians in caring for the mother during complicated births
- Provide care for mothers and newborns after birth
- Weigh and measure newborns
- Monitor patient’s vital signs and heart rate during birth
- Study patient history and health assessments
- Communicate stages of birth to family members
- Explain and demonstrate breastfeeding techniques
- Monitor patient postpartum and be available for questions or concerns
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed.
N50,000 – N100,000/month.
Deadline: 21st September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online