Job Vacancy for Chief Agronomist at Karisa Consults Limited
Karisa Consults Limited is an emerging management consulting firm that specialize in Agribusiness brokerage, Agric trading, Recruitment, Professional background Check Services, Research, Management training as well as Agricultural Training. We provide Management Consulting services to clients in the private and public sector within and outside Nigeria
Our clients include start-ups, small and medium enterprises as well as multinationals and industry leaders in key sectors of the Nigeria and Africa regional economies.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Agronomist
- The Candidate must have Agricultural Background, Senior managerial Experiences as well Financial& Admin Knowledge
- Knowledge of field plot design and experimental procedure
- Be familiar with proper identification of plant disease and insect pests affecting cereals and field crops
- Be able to identify and diagnose field-plant-soil causal organisms and appropriate symptoms
- PhD in Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant Breeding, Crop Sciences and any other related courses
- 10 to 15 years relevant working Experience in Agricultural Sector
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Computer knowledge.
- We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Chief Agronomist who can develop better farming practices and find effective solutions for the food and farming industry. The Agronomist will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc. Using this information, you will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.
- Supervision of farms, Assist in trial establishment, monitoring, weed control, plot maintenance, agronomic and disease notations and harvest, as necessary
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Manage field calls regarding product performance and complaints
Deadline: 15th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the “Job Title and the Location” as the subject of the email.