Sybil and James Communications is a strategic brand building cooperate and contemporary communications agency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Intern
- Are you passionate about skilled-based work, especially as it pertains to sustainability? Come intern at Sybil and James!
- This is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to take your first steps into Communications.
- You will get an insight into the running of a boutique PR agency and will gain hands on experience in cooperate and commercial communications.
- Creating and maintaining media, influencer and brand partner lists
- Conducting trend research
- Creating press clippings and press coverage reports
- Researching and monitoring media trends
- Assisting with special events, pre and post event management
- Scanning and formatting coverage
- Tracking, clipping, and circulating press hits
- Occasional support of beauty/lifestyle related tasks
- Day-to-day operations of the agency
- Track press coverage and competitor activities/news
- Preparing outgoing packages
- Assisting with events.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing or relevant degree
- A fast learner!
- A motivated self-starter who wants to excel and grow
- Pays close attention to detail and takes pride in his or her work
- Very organized
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to project timelines and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent computer and writing skills
- Ability to think proactively, creatively and resourceful
- English, Full professional proficiency.
Job Title: Account Manager
- Sybil and James Communications – is actively seeking a Account Manager to join its team in the agency’s Ikeja Location, working with high-profile cooperate and commercial clients to implement communications strategies to align with their overarching business goals.
- The candidate should demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations; including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans. Moreover, the candidate should demonstrate a high degree of written communication skills, initiative, creativity and be extremely organized.
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Account Executive
- Day to day client contact and manage client expectations
- Generate feature placement in appropriate titles
- Maintain regular contact with key press
- Manage PR campaigns for diverse cooperate and commercial clients from conception to completion
- Working with internal and external team to manage launch events for media and influencers
- Line managing junior staff to ensure they meet targets
- Be brand champion, an expert on communications knowledge and build key relationships
- Delivering coverage across online, offline and blogs, and leverage added value from all PR activity
- Lead in the promotion of all brands, exclusive collections and products to ensure that each team member and the designers are being closely monitored
- Promote Sybil & James and its campaigns, activities and events to the media, general public and external audiences globally
- Own all media relations and to continue to develop and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Monitor Sybil & James brand placement/exposure, ensuring all communication and activity are on-brand
- Work closely with the social media team and brief on all events and launch initiatives
- Work with the Account Executive to compile a seasonal calendar of PR activity
- Manage and support on new business efforts; both creating proposals and participating in relevant pitches
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong presentation skills.
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong established press contacts
- Strong experience of event management
- Strong presentation & superb writing skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Enthusiastic about the creative process.
- Ability to change gears quickly as priorities shift
- Professional and calm demeanor
- Team oriented
- Social Media savvy
- Knowledge of common social media platforms
- Proven experience operating in a senior position within the Communications industry
- Proven commercial experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the organization of press reports and press clips
- Able to identify communication opportunities through a proactive approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritizing and time management
- Discreet, professional and articulate, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well organized, methodical and efficient, with strong initiative
- Management experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record of creating a positive impact on business through implementation of a PR strategy
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organized, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly promote the Sybil & James offering
- Able to identify communication opportunities across multiple media platforms
- Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven experience, full time at a mid-sized agency within a cooperate comms and or digital marketing environment.
Job Title: Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist
- The Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist will play an essential role in supporting the development and execution of integrated communication campaigns for clients, generating maximum brand exposure through implementing communication strategies, including traditional and new media and brand partnerships.
- The right candidate must have a genuine passion for managing ongoing digital marketing communications and social media on behalf of high profile clients, use initiative in order to achieve exceptional results, have impeccable client liaison skills, written communication skills, be creative, have organization skills and an established understanding of Communications, PR, branding are essential.
- Develop an effective Digital Marketing and Communications Strategy for all launches, events, website, social media platforms and internal communication.
- Build strategy to unify brand communication across social media channels.
- Day to day client social media handles and managing client updates.
- Explore opportunities for sponsorships and collaborations.
- Maintain regular day-to-day contact and close relationships with influencers.
- Developing, sharing and delivering a content strategy and calendar across social, direct mail, and blog.
- Bringing a creative and innovative approach to content.
- Analyze and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on social media performance and analyze in relation to key competitors and KPIs.
- Ability to be available to engage in social media activation in real time with an ‘always on’ attitude.
- Work closely with the Creative team to define key messages and marketing materials.
- Create and maintain a structured Communications and Digital Marketing calendar and budget.
- Ensuring proper media tracking, automation, optimization, reporting and leverage added value from all communications activity.
- Creating assets for online and offline execution including but not limited to online interactive ad formats, paid and organic social campaigns, etc.
- Managing the end-to-end process for all shoots (campaign, content) including mood-boarding, talent selection, negotiations, retouching notes, etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experienced within a similar role in an agency or internal cooperate comms.
- Creative flair, eye for design, typography and layout.
- A meticulous approach to project management
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- A ruthless ability to priorities.
- A down-to-earth, hands-on team player.
- 2+ years of experience in social media and strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong understanding and experience with budgets, developing and activating a global communication strategy.
- Strongly creative yet analytical with critical thinking skills and proven expertise in problem solving and making small budgets go far.
- Knowledge and interest in content creators and influencers globally.
- Experience working with a Creative Director.
- Positive and professional attitude with great negotiation skills.
- Creative and strategic mind with proven problem solving skills.
- Dedicated, hard-working and committed person and open to travel.
Deadline: 30th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.