e.Stream is a provider of broadband network infrastructure and connectivity solutions. We are dedicated in providing various services for commercial and public enterprise regardless of their size using Fiber, Satellite Technology and Radio Communication System.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VSAT Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The VSAT Engineer is responsible for the Company’s day to day HUB administration on iDirect, and Avanti VSAT platforms this includes responsibly for deployment of remotes, troubleshooting, integration and maintenance of the company satellite communications equipment and customers.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field
- VSAT Installation and Maintenance experience, iDirect Hub management will be an advantage
- Affiliation with relevant professional bodies
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in a relevant role on VSat.
- RF engineering experience working in the telecoms industry.
Skills & Certifications:
- Certifications three or more of these certifications; GVF 510,
- Comfortable with iBuilder and iMonitor
- Relationship & People Management
- Quality of deployment without recourse to revisit site within 6 months of last visit.
- Improve MTTR of VSAT incidents and achieve 99% percent service uptime on all remotes monthly.
- Achieve 100% timely delivery of VSAT project.
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues less than 7hours across the country.
- Implement initiatives to minimize VSAT Hub downtime to 2% monthly.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Insight and Integration:
- Support the VSAT Hub Manager to achieve the corporate objectives
- Provide inputs to VSAT Hub Manager operations on the annual budget for the VSAT operations
- Provide technological innovation in deploying cost effective services.
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Support the VSAT Hub Manager Operations to achieve triple 9 target.
- Ensures that bench test are carried out on all assigned VSAT equipment before embarking on any deployment.
- Responsible for the documentation of all VSAT deployment activities in accordance to Service Deployment procedure.
- 100% compliance to VSAT management based on iDirect and Avanti standards.
- Ensure that VSAT surveys carried out are 98% accurate.
- Support VSAT projects end to end on KU and KA Band deployments, maintenance and monitoring.
- Administration of the company’s iDirect VSAT HUB and Avanti VNO.
- Ensures 90% implementation of VSAT Maintenance plan.
- Ensure there is no course to revisit VSAT remote sites deployed within the first 6 months post deployment.
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration:
- Assist installers to troubleshoot remotely while on site and periodically train VSAT installers to update them on best practices.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to deliver projects
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, teams and Clients
- Promptly report any incident, problems known errors, unexpected events or deviation from deployment plans.
- Deliver weekly reports on the status deployment
- Generate and submit periodic project and operational reports to the Regional Team Lead for informed decision making
- Timely response to customer complaint
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues.
- Recommend & Implement cost saving initiatives
- The incumbent may be required to sit in cold (air conditioned) rooms for a long time.
- The incumbent may be required to travel out of station often.
- This position requires physical and mental strength.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted