MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Desk Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Number to Hire: 2
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- ITIL qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 3 – 5yrs work experience in related field
- B.Sc/HND in IT / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
Skills & Competencies:
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Analytical Thinking
- Self management skills
- Technical Support Proficiency
- Professional and Good Work Ethics
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- Ability to communicate in French will be an added advantage (Both written and oral communication in French)
- The IT Service Desk Officer will provide high quality systems support for the various departments in MainOne and will be responsible for managing and resolving all IT related issues/queries and will also play an active role in IT implementation activities.
Other responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Set-up and install computer hardware and software including disk, tape, printers, modems, and related peripherals.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on computer hardware including backup, recovery and equipment cleaning.
- Train users on computer hardware/software and other electronic office equipment.
- First level selection and design of the hardware and, network and software necessary to operate and improve Main One’s information management system.
- Manage the company’s administrative network i.e. network accounts, email accounts website access account, remote access account.
- Monitor operational performance and troubleshoot system problems. Isolate the cause of system failures.
- Research, evaluate and purchase new hardware and software to meet the company’s requirements computers, and other electronic office equipment.
- Design, install, support and integrate centralized and distributed network hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of internal licenses, overseeing updates and tracking compliance.
- Responsible for logging all IT problems and resolutions, and liaising with the external support company.
- Providing input into the IT strategy and annual IT budget.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems; research products and enhancements and their applicability to Main One’s needs.
- Inducting new employees on IT system
- Aside the primary helpdesk functions, you will interface with the Technical and Application units regarding testing and understanding of new applications before deployment to users
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current Anti-Virus definition while also following up with systems without current definition. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
- Monitor server event before they become incidents. Monitor unauthorized/unlicensed installation of application using spiceworks. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to multi-task efficiently without compromising on quality
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online