Palladium Group Job Vacancy for Health Systems Strengthening and Sustainability Technical Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Lead – Health Systems Strengthening and Sustainability – Nigeria IHP
- Graduate degree (preferably a PhD) in Public Health, Social Sciences, Health Economics, Medicine or related discipline;
- At least 10 years of demonstrated progressive experience in HSS and preferable experience with primary care and/or RMNCH+NM programs working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff
- Demonstrated technical skills in HSS of primary care and/or RMNCH+NM programs with excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English;
- Demonstrated capacity building skills; and ability to work well on teams;
- Previous experience working on a USAID funded project will be an added advantage;
- Familiarity with structures and functions of the FMOH, SMOH, NPHCDA, SPHCDA, health insurance and financing agencies.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policy makers in health.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- USAID/Nigeria envisions a sustainable integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improved access to and increased quality of primary health care service delivery and strengthened and sustainable health systems.
- The activity will focus its support for service delivery in seven intervention areas: health systems strengthening family planning/reproductive health, maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition, malaria. For health systems, IHP will strengthen Leadership and Governance, Health Finance, Health information Systems, Medical Commodities and Technologies, Service Delivery, and Human Resources for Health. USAID has recently embarked on an initiative to reduce dependency on external resources and to strengthen commitment and capacity of host country government, local non-governmental organizations and private sector entities towards the Journey to Self-Reliance.
- IHP will measure and accelerate this journey by fostering local ownership, implementation and financing for primary health care. The program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Works closely with IHP State key personnel providing strategic guidance, vision, planning, and implementation for successful HSS and Sustainability initiatives and activities of the project;
- Provides technical expertise on HSS, covering the six building blocks to HSS at the federal and State levels;
- Develop strategies, plans guidelines and tools to measure and track sustainability at the federal and State levels and facilitate the Journey to Self-Reliance for Primary Health Care.
- Supervises HSS technical staff in state offices and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all HSS activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts;
- S/he oversees HSS activities, provides technical direction and support and ensures results for project activities.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports.
- Advocate and ensure sustainable health systems strengthening program implementation consistent with MOH Nigerian Guidelines, global best practices and USAID Nigerian Strategic Directions including advice on relevant latest health developments & publications.
- Coordinate the monitoring of HSS and sustainability program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with the other members of the IHP team and partners to develop and implement feasible health systems strengthening approaches.
- Represent IHP at and provide expert technical assistance on health systems strengthening to FMOH and NPHCDA and through federal Technical Working Groups
- Work with the federal and state government to measure the current status of sustainability of the health system and to develop sustainability and transition strategies and roadmaps.
Deadline: 30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online