TTC Mobile is competent Telecom Training, Digital Marketing Training, and Entrepreneurship training in Nigeria; a foremost IT & telecommunication engineering training company in Texas USA and Lagos Nigeria, with a number of IT Courses, Telecommunication Engineering Courses, Digital Marketing Courses, Entrepreneurship Courses that lead to telecommunication jobs and other kind of jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Supervisor
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Rivers
Department: Infrastructure & Field Operations
Function: Deployment Job Grade: Outsourced
Reporting to: Head, Deployment
Travel Frequency: Yes Date: 2019
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees maintenance of fiber optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and
- management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fiber outside plant. The role is expected to involve a significant
- element of on-site attendance.
- Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
Corporate &Retail/FOS Incident Management.:
- Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and
- integration of new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 12 hours of its occurrence.
- Incident Management Communication: Provide prompt feedback for input into the OTRS application with information relating to activities being carried out to resolve customer service incidents.
- Preventive Maintenance Proactively identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fibre network.
- Provide operational data for FTTH Network Monitoring and analysis work that feeds into the improvement of fibre break-fix MTTR.
- Audit and collate information for the fiber outside plant network. Prepare the as-maintained documents within region/sub-region managed for the O &M Unit.
- Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- Activate FOS Customer requests within 3 days of sign up.
- Sign-off the Customer Feedback Form, prepare and submit post-activation report.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- Academic: University Degree in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Proven track records of maintenance and management of metro and/or long distance fibre optic infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms and technical requirements with regard to fibre & civil work maintenance.
- Familiarity with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation in Nigeria.
- Experience in civil works supervision & quality control.
- Experience in processing ROW License with Local Authorities/State Regulatory Agencies.
- User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- FTTx and/or P2P fibre deployment and maintenance experience are distinct advantages i.e. fibre termination using fusion splice machines, testing & analyzing fibre links with OTDR and
- Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM), identifying fibre cores with VFLs.
- Capable of understanding fibre network architectures, designs & splice plans.
- An inherent culture of documenting concise and accurate “As-Is” status of network elements and splice configuration, in a consistent manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, team members and local community.
- At least 2 years in telecommunications industry, with experience in Fiber network deployments. and outside plant maintenance.
- Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with Nigerian Local Authorities.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
- Financial Dimensions:
- PO Approval:
- No. of vendors: NIL
- No. of direct reports:
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
- Type of customers Mainly Internal Mainly External Internal & External
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mail.