Recruitment for Finance Intern at Plan International, 6th Sept., 2019
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Locations: Abuja & Mubi-Adamawa
- The internship programme in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in Financial management & reporting, programme management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
- It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Dimension of Role
- The candidate is expected to communicate with the Grant and Finance Coordinator in mubi. Supports in ensuring timely payment of vendors and consultants.
The Finance Intern is expected to perform the following roles:
- Make available weekly to the Grant and Finance Coordinator list of all un-liquidated advances and support with the follow up of these advance.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Maintain a record of vouchers borrowed by staff; ensure return, and appropriately filing.
- Support with preparation of Withholding tax, VAT, and other statutory deduction schedule where relevant before payment is done
- Support with Preparation and maintenance of the sub ledger for all advances (travel, purchase etc.) in the field office
- Ensure timely liquidation of staff advances and also ensure that not more than one advance should be given to a staff at a time
- Support the finance team in processing all payment vouchers in the mubi field office
- Ensure all payment vouchers are filled base on various projects and on a monthly base.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation in the deep field.
- Support with bank reconciliations and month end financial reporting
- Support the finance team in implementing all financial process for Plan International Nigeria in the Mubi Office.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Basic financial skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player.
- Degree in Accounting, HND in Financial Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent
- Completion of National Youth Service with less than 1 year working experience
- Proven strong academic track record.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language.
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
Deadline: 19th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.