Sales Consultant Vacancy at Tata Communications, 18th Sept., 2019
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Consultant – Wholesale Voice & A2P
Location: Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal
Job Type: Contract
Broad objective of the role
- Strategic Sales for Africa covering big MNO group accounts, OTTs, incumbent PTT bilats, Carrier segment, RSPs, ISPs and aggregator segments for UBS product range (Wholesale Voice, A2P SMS, Signaling services).
- Participate in leadership dialogues to drive business and human capital improvements across the company.
- Managing Major Accounts and key destination countries in defined region.
- Customer & Carrier profile including MNOs, OTTs, Incumbent PTT, Tier 1 carriers, RSP, ISP, Aggregators for Usages based products (Voice transit and VAS, , A2P SMS and Mobile signaling).”
- Leadership sponsors, Product and Market Management, Service Management & Assurance, Billing & Collection
Size And Scope Of Role
- Total sub region Gross Revenue estimated:
- Total region net Revenue estimated
No. of direct reports:
Other size parameters:
- Job Location will be Kenya/Ethiopia or Ghana or London/Dubai
Areas Of Responsibility (Key Activities)
- Evaluate past performance and market potential and share recommendations on annual targets;
- High performance with strong focus on solution sales.
- Identify target existing accounts and potential new accounts, marketing activities such as group workshops to showcase capabilities, participation in industry forums etc;”
- Drive development of sales annual plans across farming and hunting accounts,
- Key focus on Business as Usual activities with drive on “”core services”” penetration.
- Focus on segmentation and GTM
- Approval of segment sales and BD plan by senior management
- Performance against budget
- Strength of funnel
- New Revenue streams
- New service introductions
- KRA alignment across functions to achieve objectives”
Protect and Grow” Strategy
- The person will handle Strategic Sales for Africa region MNO group accounts, OTTs, incumbent PTT bilats, Carrier segment, RSPs, ISPs and aggregator segments for UBS product range.
- Proactively lead company-strategic account planning and work plans to achieve performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a 1-3 year period.
- Provide strategic direction to team for identifying high-potential customers and building long-term alliances; Review account development plans and take corrective actions if required.
- Process innovation to accelarate new UBS services.”
- The person will manage the BAU Bilats and SWAPs and VAS business as well as drive Strategic Solution Selling in the carrier segment.
- Objective is to achieving Sales & Buying quota and assigned strategic carrier account objectives as per Quota for the entire UBS products portfolio. (VTS, VAS, A2P SMS & Mobile Signaling etc) for the destinations & carrier covered.
- Number of accounts targeted
- Timely creation of account development plans
- Deal closure
Strengthen the Organization
- Guide the Business Development efforts for strategic sales, infra-structure solution sales and in-region trading accounts. Assesses, customer needs and ideate Infra-structure, systemic, return traffic customized solutions to address carrier customer needs and lock –in wholesales traffic.
- Work with Global Sales Group (GSG) to develop Voice/SMS and Data bundled solution proposal which are WIN-WIN for both TCL and carrier customer. Explore V&D buy/sell bundling areas.
- Develop & maintain strong CXO and operational level relationships with key personnel in assigned named accounts customers as well as industry peers.
- Represent Tata Comm interest in several telecom Industry forums, associations & conferences in the region.
- Guide the team to implement an accurate, professional, consistent bid and contract management response process across region customer engagements
- Track Telecom environment in the region, regulatory changes, market dynamics, industry trends, competitive activities and provide necessary market intelligence to the company.
- Number of opportunities identified vs. number of opportunities qualified
- Account development plans
Key Account Management with Disciplined execution
- Drive discussions with core groups of operators to develop partnerships;
- Discuss MNO group level opportunities;
- Develop group account plans and share with senior management;
- Identify opportunities to penetrate group account; Review account performance and take corrective actions if required.
- Manage Sales funnel Pipeline l and provide necessary MIS reports from time to time. Also provide Sales Projections, and other inputs.
- Revenue from group accounts
Projects & Initiatives
- Delegate projects and guide team to conduct market analysis and seek customer feedback on new products/services; Share recommendations on market positioning with Product teams as necessary
- Coordinate within company with service management & assurance, billing & Collection, Product and Market Management, in order to meet necessary execution to ensure account performance objectives and customers’ SAT expectations
- Internal stakeholder feedback
- Process Innovation / Improvements introduced
Learning & Development
- Regularly review self development goals; actively participate in coaching conversation and performance review;
- Manage the self training and development for future readiness.
- Self Development
- Focus on performance
- Productivity improvement
- ESAT scores
Role Holder Requirements
Minimum qualification & experience:
- MUST have 10+ years of experience in Telecom industry and 5+ years in wholesale Voice & SMS Industry in Africa region, experience of working with multi-cultural wholesale voice sales people.
- Should understand the various Wholesale Voice & SMS “Business APPs” or Systems & Process intricacies and dependencies of the business. Pricing, routing, deal governance & margin management & reporting etc.
- Should have existing CXO relationship in the Wholesale Segment in Africa
- Should have a good understanding of the regulations and legal nuances of the business in East Africa & other countries in the region.
- Proficiency in English a must, Suhali and any other language would be added advantage “
- Leadership skills, execution and planning focus, communication skills, negotiation skills. Experience of cross-cultural environments to appreciate business development and decision making dynamics (internal and external).
- Knowledge on A2P/SCCP and selling into enterprise accounts is beneficial.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online