Security Manager Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security Manager
Job ID: 13-10805
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports to: Portfolio Director
- The Security Manager will work in close collaboration with the Project Directors/Porfolio Director and staff to ensure staff and property are safe. S/He will direct the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations and provide for the safety and security of all employees.
- S/he shall also serve as the subject matter expert on all safety and security related matters.
- S/he will be responsible for establishing policies and standards affecting safety and security of staff members, facilities and assets, and program activities.
- S/he will ensure security protocols and mechanisms are in place to address country programs’ unique security challenges.
- S/he will provide direction and technical support in developing and maintaining country programs’ context-specific field security plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Criminal Justice, Security Administration or related area;
- NGO security, military or law enforcement background;
- Minimum of 9 years implementing security programs and a strong knowledge of security management in complex environments;
- Some familiarity with USAID, GF and other donor agencies policies and procedures;
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment;
- Experience working in conflict and post-conflict settings;
- Experience conducting training for small and large groups;
- Comprehensive knowledge of security issues in Nigeria
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns and appropriate responses to such emergencies;
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis;
- Working knowledge of MS Office;
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex security concerns, policies, protocols, and procedures to senior management, employees, consultants, volunteers and consistently apply them at all levels;
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; second language a plus;
- Willingness to travel to post-conflict and high-risk environments as required
- Provide security advisory on effective physical and procedural security measures to staff in MSH focal states.
- Review staff travel schedules and projected travel itineraries to identify potential security and safety-related issues.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the security situation in the country to guarantee highest possible protection of staff and physical assets.
- Liaise with local law enforcement, diplomatic/international organizations and private security officers in close consultation with the Portfolio Director, to develop and strengthen contacts with local authorities.
- Develop and submit a Security Risk Assessment and Security Tree to the Portfolio Director.
- Report security intelligence, incidents and concerns to Senior Management and propose adequate security measurements in case of possible security threats to staff and assets.
- Provide security briefing to all newly arriving staff and visiting staff.
- Constantly monitoring the environment with the aim of issuing security advisory through the Portfolio Director, on matters that may affect the safety and security of staff.
- Conduct periodic security awareness briefings for staff.
- Organize security and fire/life safety training and briefing for staff.
- Ensure all security incidences and occurrences are well reported, coordinated and documented.
- Provide periodic security updates to all staff on project sites and the Country Office.
- Activate emergency response and provide necessary assistance and guidance to staff.
- Serve as the primary focal point for safety and security for MSH Nigeria.
- Conduct security/risk assessments, scenario planning, security plan development and crisis/contingency planning;
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events.
- Investigate and resolve crises.
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
- Coordinate security operations or activities with public law enforcement, the Federal Fire Service and other agencies.
- Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes or new technologies impacting security operations.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
- Analyze and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct physical examination of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
- Create report and develop security KPIs.
Deadline: 20th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online