Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Subsea Delivery Engineer
Ref Id: 121166BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Project Engineering
- The primary role and responsibility of this position is to lead a group of subsea engineers and equipment contractors in the Refurbishment of Subsea Systems (mainly Subsea Trees) to be used on a Brownfield Deepwater Subsea Projects; The work will span from FEED to execution phases of prospect development, as well as commissioning and start-up support. The work may also include providing technical/trouble-shooting support to producing assets.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) from an accredited university
- Certification in Project Management (preferably APM or PMP); Project Management skills and techniques including Definition & Optimisation of Project Concepts, Opportunity Framing and Evaluation, Opportunity Realisation, Managing interfaces, Resource and Schedule Management
- Project Controls: Planning, Schedule Risk Assessment (Risk Identification across TECOP spectrum, Management & Mitigations), Management of Change ‘MoC’ and Earned Value Management, Document Control
- Commercial acumen – Budgeting, Cost Estimating and Tracking
- COREN Registered (or registrable)
- 8 to 12 years years working experience on Deepwater projects Subsea Hardware Engineering & Equipment Delivery Management (including Subsea Equipment Specification/standards; Material and Equipment Selection, Inspection and Testing)
- Experience with Offshore Equipment Design, Material Selection, Fabrication, Assembly, Testing & Offshore Installation support
- Experience with Offshore Systems Integration – Topsides, Controls & Distribution, Pipelines, Subsurface, Wells, Subsea Installation & Intervention, Surveillance/Integrity and Commissioning & Start-Up
- Health & Safety Awareness – Hazardous Area Classifications, Stop Work Authority; HAZOPs/HAZIDs/HEMP (Bowtie Analysis)
- Knowledge of Subsea Controls, Distribution and Safeguarding Systems
- Knowledge of Project Concept Development
- Knowledge of Subsea Installation, Interventions and Marine Operations
- Knowledge of Subsea Flow Assurance Strategies
- Knowledge of Subsea Equipment Failure Analysis
- Knowledge of Subsea Systems Critical Data
- Knowledge of Subsea Systems Integration with other Disciplines
- Knowledge of Subsea Systems & Hardware Industry Standards: ISO 9001; ISO 13628-1, -4, -6, -8, -9; API 6A, API 17D and associated Recommended Practices
- Familiar with use of Project Planning Tools (e.g MS Project or Primavera)
- In accordance with Shell’s HSSE standards, manage the delivery of refurbished subsea hardware (VH Connectors, Jumpers, THSs and Trees and associated Controls incl. SCMs, Flying Leads, etc.) and steer the strategy for Staged Strip down & Re-build/fabrication of the various Subsea Equipment (VH Connectors, Jumpers, THSs and Trees and associated Controls incl. SCMs, Flying Leads, etc.).
- Work within Project Management Framework using Decision Gates and Risk Review sessions to assure successful project delivery, robust Project Planning (Deterministic/Probabilistic), cost control, strict Management of Change process, (TECOP) Risk Assessments.
- Work within a Design Controls and Assurance Framework ‘DCAF’ – providing technical support to the resolution of Technical Queries, disposition of non-conformances (NCRs or GRRs), leading RCFAs, review/approvals for Site Specific Procedures, ‘Ready-For-Start-Up’ or RFSU documents and Inspection Test Reports.
- Effectively manage Subsea Hardware contractors & sub-contractors and activities in offsite and vendor locations
- Initiate Requests for Quotations, Conduct Reviews and progress PO issuance to CONTRACTOR.
- Effectively manage cost, schedule/progress, quality and HSSE monitoring and reporting for all refurbished subsea hardware
- Development of Test Procedures (SUT/FAT/EFAT/SIT/SRT) with CONTRACTOR OEM, monitoring of progress during Project Execution and spearheading After Actions/Lessons Learnt Reviews on final completion of refurbished equipment.
- In line with an aggressive Business Plan and cost reduction ambitions of the project, integrate and manage interfaces with the FPSO, Subsurface, Wells, Operations, Field Support Vessels; providing updates on Hardware Availability and the resultant On-Stream Dates for each new Well.
- Engagement with External Stakeholders
- Participate in Peer Assist sessions to identify cost/schedule efficiency opportunities for Refurbishment Program; developing staircases to demonstrate impact of opportunities and taking responsibility for implementation thereafter.
- Provide support to Installation, Intervention & Offshore commissioning of Offshore Equipment, participating in Hazard Assessments for various vessel installation/intervention activities.
Deadline: 2nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.