Vacancy for Accounting Assistant at Adam Smith International (ASI)
Adam Smith International (ASI) are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
- The Operations Department of Adam Smith International West Africa is looking to employ an Accounting Assistant in Kano for a period of three months.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Efficiently managing payment vouchers including generation, collection, recording and vouching;
- Ensuring the Purchase Vouchers bear all the appropriate signatures before they are processed for payment;
- Assisting in maintaining a filing system for financial documents;
- Ensure the petty cash is recorded real time and ensure both cash and bank reconciliation of the Kaduna office; and
- Any other special or administrative duties that may be assigned.
- Following up with clients on missing/required documentation;
- Assisting in recording all Naira spending and other necessary information from the projects on Access Dimension Accounting Software;
- Assisting in maintaining a system for tracking advances and recovery for retirements;
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records;
- The position requires a first degree in Accounting and at least 3 years of similar experience.
Deadline: 30th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.