We seek to employ qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Data Assistant – EU
Job ID: 190003MJ
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Yobe EU Resilience
Post Type: National
Reports to: MEAL Officer
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The purpose of this role is to support data management for the EU resilience programme cash transfer component. This will include supporting data collection, data cleaning and data entry.
The EU Support to Early Recovery from Conflict and Resilience Building Project in Yobe state is a three and half years EU supported project that aims to strengthen Yobe State Government and community capacity to build households’ and communities’ resilience to recurrent shocks (conflict and its negative effects).
The project is expected to deliver results around various components including social protection, nutrition and health, food security and livelihoods, child protection, social cohesion and education in emergency. All of which have different targets that contribute to strengthening resilience at household, community and state level.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the MEAL Officer, the data assistant will be will be expected to perform the following duties:
- To enter data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- management purposes
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- print information when required
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Maintain own office equipment and stationery supplies
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Hold oneself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for oneself and the team, take responsibility for his/her own personal development and encourage the team to do the same.
- Future orientated, think strategically and on a country programme wide scale.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develop and encourage new and innovative solutions to problems faced
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Displays consistent judgement.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Formal computer training an advantage
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
Skills & Experience:
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge of information collection and management practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) in English and Hausa
- Ability to speak local language (Hausa, Kare-kare, Kanuri Ngizim)
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Previous experience in data entry, information management, administrative or clerical duties, will be an added advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote projects sites and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
Deadline: 5th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested cand qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply