Engineering & General Services Projects Professional Job at the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering & General Services Projects Professional
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Level: Professional Staff Grade level
- The successful candidate shall assist the Director, Administration and General Services in the efficient administration of all construction projects across all locations to ensure timely and excellent project delivery at optimal cost; Inspection of all deliverables (materials & fittings) during construction project delivery and advice as appropriate.
The main duties of the Engineering & General Services Projects Professional shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
- Propose project timelines, aims and objectives
- Responsible for project management and timely delivery of projects
- Organize and monitor various project consultants, contractors, and subcontractors
- Ensure guidelines and timelines are maintained on multiple development projects
- Make sure high quality standards are met at all projects
- Review of all building plans and schedules for the construction and renovation of Corporation properties taking into consideration the Corporation’s needs and requirements
- Supervise construction works to ensure quality in terms of materials, fittings, fixtures and finishes;
- liaise with relevant consultants to review project deliverables in terms of quality and costs in line with the approved BOQ (Bill Of Quantities) & budget;
- Review and analyze all quotations for services and supply of technical items to construction sites in liaison with relevant consultants/experts, manufacturers and end users for consideration by the Tenders Committee.
- Any other duties as may be determined by the supervisor from time to time.
- Good civil engineering education combined with excellent project management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication with good presentation and report writing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and/or with teams;
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Proactive with leadership and management skills
- Good exposure to modern trends in construction, materials/equipment/fittings selection and finishes
- High Integrity, Confidentiality, and proven sense of responsibility
- Proven capacity to work well under pressure
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
- Genuine commitment to highest ethical standards and to sustainable development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point;
- Practical knowledge of a civil engineering/architectural software will be an added advantage.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- First University Degree plus Masters in Building or Civil Engineering obtained in recognized institutions of higher learning, plus 8 at least years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on Building or Civil Engineering; Or
- First University degree in Building or Civil Engineering plus full professional qualification, plus 6 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on emphasis on Building or Civil Engineering; Or
- First University degree in in Building or Civil Engineering plus 10 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on Building or Civil Engineering;
- Relevant professional qualifications(s)/certifications would be an added advantage;
- Relevant work experience, with a minimum of 6 years hands-on experience in a reputable Construction/Civil engineering organizations at similar level is required.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and/or French
- Working knowledge of one of the two languages above will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re;
- Not more than 36 years old.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s PS Grade Level;
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus);
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer);
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children);
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing allowance;
- Home leave to country of origin every year paid by the employer (if non-national) ;
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
Deadline: 7th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Procedure for Application:
- Candidates are requested to visit the link above to complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.
Note: The Company reserves the right to appoint at the advertised level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.