Event Manager Vacancy at Balmoral Halls & Events
Balmoral Group is an established and expanding integrated agency working across the spectrum of live events, design, planning and execution. We handle a diverse portfolio, offering 360-degree solutions to a number of industries, encompassing Event Management & Promotions, Exhibitions and Marketing Communication.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Manager
- The event manager role is a very important one! S/he should provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently.
- S/he must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource manage and oversee the events. Excellent people skills are a must as s/he will be working with clients directly to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing facilities as well as details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- The candidate must have been in a sales or marketing role for at least 5 years with interest in event management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Event planning duties:
- Conduct vendor’s meeting to ensure effective event results are achieved.
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of all events in the branch.
- Train, and educate staff on proper and laid down event procedures.
- Calculate budgets/function sheets and adjust when necessary to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Hire bartenders and wait staff.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Ensure that company’s brand is projected positively.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Ensure that Balmoral terms and conditions is adhere and report violation.
- See the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Manage of all project event activities within time limits and on budget.
- Liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct market research and gather information.
- Supervise and work with facility manager(s), cleaners, gardeners, technicians, engineer and security personnel.
- Providing clear, well-written event reports to manager/management.
- Propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Compliance with all regulatory, health, and safety obligations.
- Must have people skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
- Collaborate with sales & marketing and PR departments to promote and publicize events.
- Gather record of events; collate pictures and video for onward processing.
- Be proactive when handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.
N150,000 – N250,000 per month with added allowances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.