SOI Consulting Limited is an Enterprise Technology implementation company based in Abuja Nigeria. In the Middle East we operate as Dataset Nexus Tech with our office based out in Dubai, UAE where we specialize in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture, we are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Be Revolutionary and Think Global and Amaze Customers every day.
We invite applications from qualified candidates for:
Title: Fall 2019 Internship Programs
About the Program
- There are exciting roles for recent graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Marketing or Economics and are passionate about problem solving, data organization, analytics and marketing
- We are looking for candidates who will embrace strategy and execution, see solutions across people, process and technology. People who are equally interested in the numbers behind marketing and the creative execution of the strategy
- We are looking for candidates who believe in themselves and are passionate about making an impact on their immediate society and the world at large
- We want to change the world, so if you believe you have the discipline and tenacity required, then apply to join our fall 2019 internship program.
- Our internship program offers selected candidates the opportunity to acquire wide technical, entrepreneurship, business, and leadership skills
- Interns also develop a wide range of cross functional practical skills in a low risk, exciting environment with a fast-paced innovative culture. Interns will play an instrumental role in strategic decision making, data-driven approach and long-term success of SOI Consulting’s development plans in West Africa & the Middle East. We are looking for people interested in a career in Data, Data Science, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development
Who you are
- Are you a go-getter looking for an internship opportunity at a multi-national company?
- Proactive and able to think on your feet
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or other analytical software
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Current university student or recent graduate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Organized, with project management experience you have learnt from your studies
- Highly numerate, with good attention to detail
What you’ll learn
- Internships at SOI Consulting is a Learn to Earn opportunity. SOI Consulting will take on a few interns (10) and further equip them with Technical, Business, and Leadership education and skills, making them cross functional employees and potential managers over a period of three (3) months, starting November 4th
- We offer our interns best in breed world class education with learning materials directly from our partner OEM’s such as IBM, Microsoft, & Oracle, and from the topmost Business Schools such as Harvard. SOI Consulting will invest resources, time, and effort to train selected interns for FREE. Please note that this is an unpaid internship
- However, the best interns will be offered immediate employment at the end of the program.
See sample curriculum below:
- Artificial Intelligence Skills:
- Python for Data Science
- Database Management
- Big Data Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analysis Skills:
- Critical Analysis of Qualitative and Quantitative Data
- Leadership Development Skills:
- Leading with Personal Impact
- Leading Globally
- Business Strategy Skills:
- Business and Global Society
- Global Strategy
- Globalization 4.0
- Sales and Marketing Skills
- Successful Sales and Management Strategies
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- International Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
Here’s What an Ordinary Day Could Look Like
Interns will typically perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate in select training workshops from 9am till noon.
- Work in a project module with support and guidance from senior team members
- Conduct analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Summarize main ideas and findings from work and learnings through written, graphical or oral presentations
- Supports senior team members in the development of intellectual capital
About Your Life @ SOI Consulting:
- What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
- Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes Africa. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then SOI Consulting could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
- Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Management, Strategy, Analytics or a related field, with strong grades (minimum of 2.1 equivalent grade)
- A relevant internship assuming similar responsibilities
- Interest in the Technology Industry, & Business.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- A logical and lateral thinker, who is intellectually curious
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in English (written and spoken)
- A team player, who can work in a truly diverse setting
- Highly motivated individual who is looking to learn and grow with the company
Additional Skills That Give You the Edge:
These are advantageous, but not strictly required from applicants:
- Previous experience within the Technology Sector
- Previous experience in a professional/consulting services environment
- Knowledge of programming languages and statistical analysis tools
- Additional languages (spoken and written)
- International exposure and work experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with previous experience in a start-up or entrepreneurial business venture
Deadline: 30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates will as a first step be required to turn in a Personal Goals and Aspirations Essay. Please see below instructions for same. Applicants are to write an essay on their personal and professional goals and aspirations. In not less than 1500 words, describe to us:
- What does “success in life” mean to you, how do you personally define success? What would you need to see happen in your life in order for you to define yourself as a successful?
- Your short term goals (2-4 years from Today) as well as your long term goals (5-8). Where do you see yourself in these two periods?
- What factors do you perceive as stumbling blocks to reach this vision and aspiration of yourself. What would you require to achieve your goals?
- What were your childhood dreams and ambitions? Do you believe you are on course to achieve those ambitions or have you had to lower them in recent times in the face of your current realities? If yes, what do you still think is achievable?
- What do you generally enjoy doing the most, something you have a passion for? Can this passion of yours be monetized? If yes, how? If not, what other passion of yours can you make money from? How do you think you can monetize this passion?
- How would you describe your personality, introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
- Do you consider yourself a risk taker? If yes, what’s the biggest risk you have ever taken in your life? On a scale of 1-10, with one being the lowest and 10 being the highest, what is your risk threshold?
- If you had N2,000,000 what would you do with it?
- In what sort of work environment do you thrive, working alone or being part of a team? When was the last time you worked in a team? Give details including what role you played in the team.
Essays are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The proposed essay should answer the above questions but feel free to say as much about yourself as you can remember or wish to share
- We also do not require you to answer them in any specific format or bullet list. They are only a minimum set of things we want to see in your essay but please write freely
- Word count also doesn’t matter as long as it is not less than 1500 words. In all that you write to thyself be true.