Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited, a company in haulage industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Import Operations Supervisor
- Supervises and coordinates activities in the clearing of imports shipments, in accordance with Federal or foreign regulations.
- Oversees daily operations of the department, to ensure profitability and compliance with company policies, and applicable regulatory requirements; providing excellent customer service through timely and accurate processing and compliance with government regulations and / or company policies. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Examine documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products.
- Conduct training courses and seminars for staff and clients in areas of shipping and Import regulations and procedures. Provide guidance and advice as necessary.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards for customs clearance operations, and write procedures for the handling of each account. Includes classifications, schedule of service, shipment entry, and booking process.
- Oversee and monitor team performance – both quantity or quality -audit shipment documents, and conduct periodic client reviews to identify areas of concern in the clients’ export processes. Communicate / escalate transaction problems or irregularities to manager and assist in identifying solutions.
- A minimum of 4 years working experience as a supervisor in a shipping company.
- Knowledge on Road and Warehouse operations is advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific
- Software applications.
- Able to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- University Degree is required for this job position
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or an equivalent combination of work experience.
- Team management experience is essential.
- Sea Import experience is essential.
Deadline: 12th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.