Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) for Assurance Consumer & Industrial Products and Services Senior Associate
At PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC), our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we make.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9,000 people in 34 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Assurance Consumer & Industrial Products and Services
Reference Number: 125-NIG00225
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Must be working in a consulting/Audit firm – with 4 -5 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the Consumer sector
- Have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to Consumer sector companies
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening skill
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate engagement teams on financial audits of Consumer sector companies using International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Lead accounting Advisory and other Assurance Engagements.
- Serve as effective liaison and representative between the firm and the client.
- Work harmoniously and productively within a team; providing necessary supports to superior and motivate less experienced team members to deliver their work in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Exercise sound judgment by making decisions throughout the engagement, including assessment of engagement risks, design and selection of audit procedures necessary to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluation of documentation and audit evidence received.
- Preparation and 1st level review of complex consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Work with partners and engagement managers regarding project management, including scheduling, staffing and the engagement budget.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
Deadline: 23rd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online