Job for Finance Assistant at Save the Children Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job ID: 190003N4
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Post Type: National
Role Purpose: Finance support
- Assist in ensuring that sub grantees (CSOs) have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to Yobe/Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
- Conduct state level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements and donor guidelines.
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies
- Help ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- Process all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies & EU requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC & EU policies.
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience:
- Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education – B.Sc /HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts
- Minimum 2 years post NYSC experience
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ongoing Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handles last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
- Understanding of local language(s)
Deadline: 24th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.