Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Specialist – Jumia
Job Type: Full time
- As a Recruitment Specialist, you will coordinate end to end recruitment process with the aim of implementing Jumia’s talent acquisition strategies. Ensuring the sourcing, attracting and hiring of top talents whose values and goals are very well aligned with that of Jumia.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from any accredited Universities with at least 3 years progressive growth in recruitment.
- Experience in Employer Branding methods
- Experienced in the use of HR tools such as Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Practical experience of sourcing top talents using multiple channels.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to scan large volumes of resumes to identify best fit applicants and good interviewing skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, and work books.
In particular you will:
- Along with the Head of Recruitment, work closely with hiring managers to achieve a clear understanding of job roles, to execute sourcing strategies and identify the best talents to meet overall recruitment goals.
- Engage and captivate the interest of quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires.
- Utilize various channels (Internet sourcing, resume mining, networking, LinkedIn) to find appropriate active and passive candidates for specific and talent pipeline positions.
- Coordinate end to end recruitment process including initial assessments, first level interviews, and issuing offer letters
- Deliver a great candidate experience by providing accurate information and timely feedback to candidates.
- Build talent networks, developing relationships in ways that could yield referrals for potential hires.
- Support in building talent pools for future hires which includes sourcing active and passive candidates.
- Work with team to continually develop and improve on existing recruitment processes including creating positive candidate experience.
- Support the team in general activities that will strengthen the company’s employer branding.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online