Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The receptionist position is an opportunity to play a support role to the functioning of the TdH Maiduguri Field Office for reception and light office management. The Receptionist will be responsible for several aspects of keeping the office running on a day to day basis – including telephone communication, general reception and information services, clerical, stewardship and housekeeping supervision. The Receptionist will be responsible for the management of the conference room reservation for meetings and workshops.
- The position is full time and will report to the Office manager (currently the HR Coordinator). He/she will also work closely with global operations leads and HR staff. Working hours are 7H45am to 5H15pm, during which the receptionist will be based at the front desk. From time to time the Receptionist may be expected to run errands within Maiduguri.
Responsibilities & Tasks
General Reception, Telephone and Information services:
- Receiving, greeting TdH guests/visitors, as well as assisting by providing accurate information/direction.
- Update of the TdH staff contact list file (based on the information collected from the HR/Adm and Logistics Units) and the contact list of the other Int’l cooperation stakeholders (Addresses, Telephone, Focal persons): NGOs, Gov. Agencies, Embassies
- Reporting to the Logistics Unit of minor technical problems linked to the communication of the intercoms for regular maintenance and repair;
- Receive incoming calls to the TdH Maiduguri Field Office and helping to ensure requests are properly channeled to the appropriate people on the team.
- Receive and redirect internally all packages/mails;
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary Items and equipment (e.g. brochures, chairs, water dispenser, etc.)
General Administration services:
- Assisting in providing logistic support for booking travel and accommodations for staff and consultants, and in processing required travel requests;
- Managing the schedule of the use of the conference room, as well as the provision of the coffee break;
- Providing secretarial duties; drafting agendas and taking minutes, photocopies, scanning documents, if applicable.
- Providing assistance in preparing logistics for internal/external meetings and workshops when required.
- Maintain the appearance of the reception area, conference rooms to include conference tables, chairs, white board, emptying dishwasher, etc.
- Supervise the properly maintenance and use of the common areas and spaces, including the conference and Situation rooms.
- Supporting in the management of office supplies and the inventory for the TdH MDG Field Office.
Any other Business (AOB):
- Assist with onboarding of new staff with facilities access.
- All miscellaneous tasks requested by the supervisor
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Deadline: 10th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.