Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Media Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Reboot is interested in hiring a creative and collaborative problem solver with a track record on the use of ICT and social media to work full-time as a Consultant on a DFID governance program, PERL, aimed at supporting more accountable delivery of public goods and services for citizens in Nigeria
- As a Consultant, you will be working closely with the Reboot Nigeria team and local partners to gather and analyze ICT and social media research and information related to project focal areas, and develop civic tech ideas and provide ICT and social media guidance to the staff and local partners.
- You will also be facilitating the implementation of projects, creative designs and activities in civic tech to support citizen-government engagement, in partnership with the program staff, partners and relevant institutions. You will help partners communicate their work to the citizens using ICT and social media tools with a measurable impact on governance.
- This is a full-time consultancy based in Abuja, Nigeria, with the expectation of significant travel (approximately 15%) as the project requires.
- You will be expected to work from the PERL office in Abuja and sometimes as demanded from the Reboot office. Travel within program localities should be expected; with occasional travel across Nigeria.
- A University Degree in a relevant field. An Advanced Degree preferred;
- 3 to 5 years relevant professional experience working on digital media-related projects for governance, advocacy, consulting or media;
- Previous experience in managing relationships with stakeholders in government agencies, donor organizations, and/or NGOs;
- Working closely with the delivery team to incorporate relevant local initiatives and applications of ICT and social media into local partners planning, implementation, and learnings.
- Assess digital media capabilities of local partners (media, civil society, government, etc).
- Lead testing and piloting of civic tech platforms and tools to support local partners launching and implementing civic tech initiatives
- Support the design and implementation of training of local partners (in media, civil society, government, etc) on civic tech and digital media focus areas.
- Participate in desk and field research activities to inform project priorities and direction as needed.
- Lead user research interviews and schedule respondents in accordance with project demands.
- Participate in check-ins with local project staff in- person and with Reboot staff.
- Utilize research findings to make recommendations on ICT and civic technology to support local partner’s priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. Fluency in Hausa language preferred.
- Experience and networks in ICT and social media research is required and familiarity with development project/program implementation is helpful.
- Proficient use of social media tools and knowledge of design tools.
- Comfort with public speaking and workshop facilitation; poised in client communications and project management
Deadline: 14th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you would be a good fit for Reboot and this role
- If you have a portfolio or work samples, please provide a link in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, however, we encourage you to submit no later than the deadline above. We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.