Job Vacancy for Visibility Consultant at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Visibility Consultant
Job ID: 190003KP
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Contingent
Joint Response, Nigeria
- The Nigeria Joint Response (NJR) is a humanitarian programme delivered by a consortium of 5 Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) member organizations and five national partners. Led by Save the Children International, the partners work together to provide life-saving humanitarian assistance to the affected population in Borno state of northeastern region of Nigeria. NJR is providing emergency assistance to affected people in 5 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno state and aims to reach more than 90.000 affected people in 2019.
- NJR partners are working in the following sectors: FSL, WASH, Protection, Health and Nutrition to support the affected population of Konduga, Mafa, Dikwa, Monguno and Gwoza LGAs. The programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Scope of Work
- Save the Children International requires the services of a Videographer/Photographer to work with the NJR Consortium Coordinator and other partner organizations in producing various visibility products. Localization and collaboration are amongst the strategic pillars of NJR programming and the consultant will focus on highlighting these in the visibility materials.
- The Consultant will travel to the field sites (as mentioned above) and capture visibility material in the form of pictures and videos focusing on ongoing interventions of NJR.
- The Videographer/Photographer will work with Save the Children to develop the various products within stipulated budget and within set deadlines.
- The Consultant must be a Nigerian National and possess prior experience of working on similar assignments with UN agencies or (inter)national humanitarian agencies. Priority would be given to those who have prior experience of working in Borno State.
- Relevant academic qualification in the disciplines of Film Making, Photography and Postproduction Work would be considered added advantage in the favor of applicant.
The Consultant will be required to deliver the following:
- High quality raw footage for broadcast or non-broadcast production. The footage will include interviews with NJR staff and affected population, images of NJR activities and operational sites and images of affected population in their residence
- All the footage must be shot with full consent of the people involved and in compliance with Save the Children and DRA guidelines
- High-quality photos that can be re-produced in print, multi-media and online formats
- These could include publications, flyers, posters, banners, films, presentations, websites, CDs, etc. All the pictures must be taken with full consent of the people involved and in compliance with Save the Children and DRA guidelines
- All the material will be produced in English language.
- Nigeria Joint Response is being implemented in 5 LGAs namely Gwoza, Mafa, Dikwa, Monguno and Konduga. Consultant has to visit three LGAs for gathering visibility material while covering partners’ activities and engaging affected populations. Most likely, consultant will visit Konduga, Mafa and Dikwa LGAs.
- This list of intended locations is subject to change but the number of intended locations will remain same.
Deadline: 30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online