Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) is a leading Environmental Management and Pollution Control Services provider established in 2000. OEL has grown and developed a team of competent and certified professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who are at the heart of all we do and are our greatest asset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory QA/QC Officer
- This position will be responsible for ensuring effective quality control and quality assurance practices are in place and effective in the Laboratory.
- This position will be responsible for the operation of the quality control lab including procedures, people, and equipment.
- This position will also be responsible for adherence to the Quality Management System and continuous improvement initiatives for QC operations.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, strong attention to detail, good verbal and written skills, positive attitude, ability to work well with others, strong initiative, and willing to accept additional responsibilities.
- Strong and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and drive change
- Maintain the Laboratory’s Quality System
- Update, revise, and maintain the Laboratory’s Quality Assurance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and other quality documents.
- Perform internal audits of the Laboratory, including both technical and quality systems audits.
- Perform and document corrective action, including follow up monitoring to gauge the effectiveness of the corrective action.
- Perform analytical tests in the Laboratory
- Follow all Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures as outlined in the Laboratory Quality Assurance Manual.
- Perform analytical tests in the laboratory as assigned and immediately report any problems with tests, equipment or results
- Assist with laboratory administrative duties
- Maintain smooth laboratory workflow
- Promote good customer relations with all clients
- Ensure quality sample collections and water quality monitoring
- Conduct oversight management for any testing that is outsourced
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory and ensuring good laboratory practices are implemented, documented and sustained.
- Other duties as assigned
Deadline: 7th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: Careers@odunenvironmental.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.