Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Pulka, Borno
Report to: Laboratory Supervisor
Report to (functional): Laboratory Supervisor
Working Hours: 48 Hrs/Week
No of Places: 01
Contract Duration: 2 Months
- Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures.
This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Essential Laboratory Technician diploma /degree.
- Minimum 1 year working experience essential.
- Essential: English and Hausa, Desirable: Mandra, Kanuri
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Team work and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
NGN 231,894 (Basic salary) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Deadline: 21st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, Motivation Letter, Copy of Practicing Licence and copies of credentials (only PDF or Word) either by email to: email@example.com (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying). Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
In person to MSF SPAIN Office at Pulka , Gwoza, Maiduguri.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.