Latest Jobs at Nlightin Nigeria, 14th October, 2019
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician
- Assists In operations by maintaining all electrical equipment
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot medium voltage (220-480 VAC) systems, generators, distribution, breakers, conduits, cables, motor starters and transformers
- Troubleshoot and repair Low Voltage (12v to 48v) systems
- Read technical documentation including Piping & Instrument Diagrams, loop drawings, wiring schematics, and specifications
- Maintain and repair general production platform equipment such as galley equipment, communication systems, fire and gas systems, and platform lighting
- 3+ years of experience offshore Electrician
- Working knowledge of the NFPA (NEC), API
- Ability to travel by helicopter or boat and use swing rope.
- Ensure that the necessary materials, equipment, parts, procedures and qualifications are according to the WOP
- Ensure that the work is carried out according to agreed specifications
- Ensure that the work is delivered according to agreed requirements
- Ensure the use of materials and support substances according to specific requirements
- Ensure that the workshop procedures are followed
- Ensure that the workshop equipment, and facilities are suitable and in operational condition
- Ensure that WOP is followed, filled in with necessary information, contain correct documentation and are signed after performed work.
- Reporting all non-conformances and malfunctions
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Proven 7 years relevant experience
- Be able to work in a busy environment and handle pressure
- Experience working with procedures and documentation
- Being able to read schematics, drawings and BOM (bill of materials)
- Valid health certificate for workshop operations
- Able to comply with customer requirements, an evaluation that is based on the product / structure’s complexity, or out of the requirements for safety, environment and property
- Trade school and/or relevant certificate of apprenticeship
- Subsea/Surface background preferred experience in assembly and testing.
- Welding cert. for method SAW / GTAW / GMAW / FCAW.
- Prepared to work as part of a team or individually when required
Raw Material Inspection:
- Check the welding consumable as per WPS
- Check the bevel angle, root gap face as per WPS
- Check the Fit-up root gap and misalignment as per WPS
- Check the root pass and hot pass amps and volts
- After completing fill and cap check visual inspection
- For visual inspections, request client and submit the visual inspection report
- Request NDT for the weld joint
- After completing, request client to review the film
- After the film review, submit all the reports for client’s signature
- Release for further activities
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- AWI (CWI, SCWI)
- CSWIP (3.1, 3.2)
- SSPC (grade 3, 2, 1)
- NACE (level 1, 2, 3)
- Works as directed, preparing surfaces for final coating applications, through masking, degreasing, containment, power tool, thinner wiping, brushing and rolling, spray painting and blasting.
- Assist Blaster/Painters with operating various tools in accordance with company’s safety policy.
- Set up all blast pots, route blast lines and lighting in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Inspect all lines and pots before and after each shift.
- Prepare and maintain equipment for blast and coating operations.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Wear the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions and work permits.
- Participate in company safety programs.
- Report all accidents and near misses involving self, company vehicles, or other job personnel to manager immediately
- Ordinary National Diploma preferred.
- Must possess a T.W.I.C. card (Transportation Worker Identification Card)
- Must be available to work offshore on a 14/7 rotation.
- Must be able to pass a water survival class to board helicopter transportation and use swing rope to board boat or platform.
- Must be able to pass BOSIET
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.